August 2016 Tier 2

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
I'm almost at 500 days since TOL. T2 still won't move forward without BI. BI has had everything they need for over 13 months...

Government at it's finest.
I had my security clearance interview on Friday 4-26. Are you saying it will take close to a year to get the green light for my full clearance?

Last edited:

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
No. I haven’t even had an interview but not everyone needs one.

I’m saying they’ve had my eqip and all documentation for over a year.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
No. I haven’t even had an interview but not everyone needs one.

I’m saying they’ve had my eqip and all documentation for over a year.
Well I definitely knew i needed an interview and mine came about 13 months after submitting the Eqip/getting my conditional clearance. So hopefully any day now you will get an update.

unrealcatch

Newcomer
May 17, 2013
On average after DC receives the tier II report have we seen them make a decision? I am noticing around 2-3 months for the most part. Anyone see any much longer than that, and for any particular reason?

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
On average after DC receives the tier II report have we seen them make a decision? I am noticing around 2-3 months for the most part. Anyone see any much longer than that, and for any particular reason?
I'd say it takes DC 2-3 months to review. Then you'll do a drug test refresh and be at the academy within 4-6 weeks of that refresh. From what I've gathered recently.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
An update.

My background investigation closed May 17th. Tier 2 office wanted full security adjudication before doing the tier 2 eval.

I called security POC and they said probably in the next week they'll process the adjudication. Tagged medical on the email so they know to email them asking for the info.

Hopefully I'll get an appointment before July as last I heard is tier 2 office isn't backlogged anymore. They've caught up.

It seems in some cases they wait for full security clearances and such on a case by case basis. Hopefully now that they have everything it'll move forward.

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
An update.

My background investigation closed May 17th. Tier 2 office wanted full security adjudication before doing the tier 2 eval.

I called security POC and they said probably in the next week they'll process the adjudication. Tagged medical on the email so they know to email them asking for the info.

Hopefully I'll get an appointment before July as last I heard is tier 2 office isn't backlogged anymore. They've caught up.

It seems in some cases they wait for full security clearances and such on a case by case basis. Hopefully now that they have everything it'll move forward.
I was told that I should be receiving my Tier 2 appointment by the end of June.

I think you are right about the office not being backlogged anymore!

BPM31694

Mar 1, 2018
Dallas, TX
Have you been contacted by Hope yet with the release form?
Not yet....I was told by the regional flight surgeon/my medical POC (they all have been CC'd on emails including Hope) that I should expect to hear officially from Hope to coordinate appt within 6 weeks, and that was a little over a week ago.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
Not yet....I was told by the regional flight surgeon/my medical POC (they all have been CC'd on emails including Hope) that I should expect to hear officially from Hope to coordinate appt within 6 weeks, and that was a little over a week ago.
Gotcha. I heard from medical POC once they verify the security clearance is completely done Tier 2 will be informed. So probably won’t hesr from Hope for a bit still I’m sure. For me that is.

Maybe I’ll be surprised with an email next week though. Who knows.

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
My TOL was received Dec 2016. Finally completed my tier 2 appt today, Jun 4, 2019.
Got mine Feb 2017 and did my T2 appt in March of this year. I was told to gather a bunch more information that took me about a month to collect before they would continue.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
Got mine Feb 2017 and did my T2 appt in March of this year. I was told to gather a bunch more information that took me about a month to collect before they would continue.
They had you get more information after the tier 2 appointment? Still waiting tier 2 decision I assume?

BX172

Jan 14, 2009
North Texas
Yes, I had the appointment and then they wanted more info on a few things. They wanted further clarification on an event that took place almost a decade ago. I had to scramble to gather a bunch of stuff across two states to submit. Word of advice, if you have get your driving record and they included a suspension, even if it it took place beyond the 10 years they ask for, get a statement going to explain what happened.

YouAppearToBeOnFire

Feb 3, 2017
I already got that don't worry haha.

I requested a copy of my entire medical file.... it was quite hefty. I'd say about 3 inches thick. I've documented everything then provided documentation on the documentation.

Periculant

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2018
I hope you're right because my Tier 2 appointment was complete in the middle on March so Id be heading to facility soon!

Jason_45

Newcomer
Jun 22, 2019
I got a tier 2 after taking my MMPI.. waited like a year and they just called me 3 weeks ago saying they messed up and I actually passed the MMPI. Got my date for enroute 8/07