Austin-Bergstrom - AUS

kausopie

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2017
This is two years too late but I've been working in AUS for almost 9 years and can answer any questions if anyone has any.

kausopie

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2017
28 CPC and 9 CPC-IT. 100% staffing is 38 CPC. 2 retirements by the end of this year. We are capable of selecting 5 ERRs this quarter.

SierraZulu

Trusted Member
Aug 2, 2008
Thanks for the info. Just a guess, but I imagine that you get plenty of people applying to get in there.

kausopie

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2017
I'm honestly not sure because of the new transfer policy (NCEPT). The list we receive only shows controllers from facilities with staffing above the national average.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

kausopie

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2017
hows the work environment there right now? Talking like morale, management etc.

we can release one, had paperwork in there for a while now.
Work environment is good. Morale is good despite all the setbacks we've had. Our base building flooded in October 2015 and we currently have a broken sewer pipe that will knock out our water for a few months once they start construction.

We have a fairly new OM but she seems good. We don't have an ATM at the moment. Mostly minor gripes with management. We are about to undergo some minor airspace adjustments and might do major adjustments depending on how things go. Terminal is adding 9 gates increasing carrier traffic by 30% in the next year.

Bear-Claw

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2015
LFT. Yes we have about 5 in the pipe that will keep us above the avg through the next few ncept.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
And we are a looooong way away from a 10.

Truth. I don't see AUS ever being anything more than a solid 9 without some major change happening.

Oh, and why don't you have an ATM? Have an acting one and just haven't had a permanent job announcement yet?

kausopie

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2017
Truth. I don't see AUS ever being anything more than a solid 9 without some major change happening.

Oh, and why don't you have an ATM? Have an acting one and just haven't had a permanent job announcement yet?
Our ATM was picked up by I90.

We don't have any complexity factors (crossing runways, nearby hub, military airspace) that would help push us to a 10. We will have to do it on volume alone.

kausopie

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2017
I work the airspace that sequences arrivals over Laiks/Kalla, you guys gonna get an upgrade soon for all the increased traffic?
Any interest is giving us that Victor airway along our border? We'll take DZB and BMQ off your hands. [emoji6]

SierraZulu

Trusted Member
Aug 2, 2008
With no ATM, I'm wondering how I would go about applying as a CPC reinstatement for AUS.