Average waiting time from TOL to Academy

groundstop

Newcomer
Mar 3, 2009
Lexington, KY
Just want to see the average waiting time from the time you completed your TOL paperwork until you finally had a class date for the academy? Post your times and tally it up!!!

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Re: AVG waiting time from TOL to Acad.

It took me about 5 months from TOL to class date. That was very fast at the time. There are a bunch of people who got TOLs on the same day(June 22nd, 2009) as me who are still waiting for a class date. There really is no 'average' wait time.

wilme861

May 20, 2009
Mine was just over a month from TOL to FOL but that's not normal. Average I would guess would be closer to 6 months to a year for most people.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
I say avg wait time is the following, there are many people who got picked up last oct. and have class dates for this summer. This usually happens due to the fact the Oct. panel picks people up for facility's that need people ASAP and the ATO misjudged the numbers.

terminal 1-2 yrs
enroute 1-2 yrs

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
How many times are we gonna get a thread like this... there really is no accurate judge of time between all the steps. your just driving yourself and everyone else in circles by posting this

groundstop

Newcomer
Mar 3, 2009
Lexington, KY
Wow jtomes.. it would have been a lot easier for you to skip over this thread. I'm not simply asking for the average wait time... I wanted people who have a class date or have been through the academy already to post their own times.. and I would tally it up. Thanks anyways?

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
wow groundstop.. if you would have read any other thread on this topic you would have gotten the same information twice... plus tallying up times that have no relationship prove the point that there is no relationship, trying to save you some time. your welcome

bradjackman

Trusted Member
May 7, 2009
Boise
No FOL yet, but told to expect a date no earlier than Oct 2011. That makes it12-14 months from my selection on last October's panel. Got the TOL in Dec. That would make it 10-12 months from TOL.

FWIW.

slimjim4267

Jul 28, 2009
Memphis
wow groundstop.. if you would have read any other thread on this topic you would have gotten the same information twice... plus tallying up times that have no relationship prove the point that there is no relationship, trying to save you some time. your welcome
Somebody has their panties in a bunch.

jtomes

Mar 30, 2010
Memphis TN
just responded to the op... thought I could relate to him so he could understand in the terms he used with me. no biggie

tulsahockey19

Newcomer
Aug 25, 2009
June 1st TOL
July 13th FOL
idk if this helps anyone but from what everyone else has posted its not normal

Hilleyj

Rookie
Aug 25, 2011
Georgia
And dooche bag of the thread goes toooooo......jtomes! Guy is just lookin for some help like the rest of us man. No reason to jump on him for posting his own question, even if its been asked before. I'm not gunna look page after page when I can just post my own.