Background check interview

Jacks

Newcomer
Mar 25, 2020
Toledo, Ohio
So I just got off the phone with an investigator for my background check. I was just wondering if this is part of the process that everyone has to do or was something wrong to where they needed an investigator. I had a car repossession around 4 years ago that I was able to get back and have been making payments on it ever since so that is up to date. I also had defaulted on student loans that I am making monthly rehab payments (remaining loan balance of $1,600) on so those are up to date. Nothing else. I guess I was just getting a little worried, that’s all. I was a best qualified pool 2 select..took the ATSA in October and completed everything required for my TOL and then I received an email stating that I need to conduct a background interview. If there’s any information you guys could give me, I’d gladly appreciate it! Thanks!

tkeeling

Newcomer
Dec 19, 2014
From my understanding you will only get that call if there was something wrong or if they felt you lied about something.

If you didn't tell them about the repo that is as good as lying to them, or if you said you had 60 college credits when you only had 50 anything they feel like you might have lied about (have you ever stolen anything? yes is what they expect to see because they figure you stole a pen from work/school)

Whatever you do........DO NOT LIE ABOUT ANYTHING, TELL THEM EVERYTHING including credit history, speeding tickets, EVERYTHING!

Tina Keeling
Retired FAA ATC @ I90

atcrbada1

Newcomer
Jun 11, 2020
What Tina said - but I wouldn't sweat it too much. If you had anything glaringly ugly popping up they wouldn't have even bothered with the call.