Bad Hiring News

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
Here is the response I got from my HR rep today after emailing him asking him when I should expect to get my FOL:

"We are waiting on the air traffic organization to give us the go-ahead to extend the firm offer letters. As soon as that happens I'll have yours out to you. In the mean time, in the event there are any changes, please do not submit notice to your current employer or landlord."

Anybody else hear this recently? Last Monday is when he put me down for the April 20 class date... Still hoping I can get in on it. Just when I thought it was really happening...

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
that's not bad news but rather the typical response...
Really? It's a regular thing for the ATO to stop hiring and the start again? You would know better than me... I would love to hear that this is the case because I am definitely tired of being in limbo.

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
I have basically the same response except I have not been offered a FOL only told all of my clearances are in and they are waiting on the ATO before they offer me a FOL. It probably has to do with the federal budget not being ironed out in congress yet. It has been extended until April 8th. They should have the budget settled by then or extend it again. Hopefully they do not extend again.

Edit: Right now I am sure the federal budget is not at the top of the list with the Libya situation.

BennyPops

Trusted Contributor
Aug 18, 2010
TX
Damn, I thought you was about to say the selections from this panel would be canceled..lmao Carry on!!

Battani22

Trusted Contributor
Apr 6, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, thankfully they sent me my FOL. HOpe that doesn't screw with the people that have made housing arrangements.

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
Damn, I thought you was about to say the selections from this panel would be canceled..lmao Carry on!!
Well I'm sure it will... If they can't send out FOLs I don't know why they'd send out TOLs... But who knows what the hell is going on. All I know is it'd be nice to be given some information once-in-a-while.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
The told Moonfairy the same thing a month or two ago, two weeks later she had a class date.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
There are tons of people tired of being in limbo. It's the government. You have a long career ahead of you. Get use to it.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Got some info, if there is no new budget in the next 2 weeks, ATO will be reducing the hiring numbers for FY11 likewise the next panel will be pushed back. I believe they are already planning on no budget because i talked to my rep today and she confirmed that i have been pushed back to FY12

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
Really? It's a regular thing for the ATO to stop hiring and the start again? You would know better than me... I would love to hear that this is the case because I am definitely tired of being in limbo.
they dont really "stop" but hire in intervals. The process is long and drawn out. I can see why it may seem like it stops.

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
Ouch that is bad news. I am probably in the same boat you are. I know the facility I am going to has 2 slots for FY11. Wonder if they will get cut if they don't get a budget.

BennyPops

Trusted Contributor
Aug 18, 2010
TX
Well I'm sure it will... If they can't send out FOLs I don't know why they'd send out TOLs... But who knows what the hell is going on. All I know is it'd be nice to be given some information once-in-a-while.

I don't mind not receiving a TOL for a while, all I wanna know if I was selected or not. I just need that e-mail at this point, I can wait for the rest.

Battani22

Trusted Contributor
Apr 6, 2009
Minnesota
This is all making me second guess my FOL now! Do I even want to email my HR to see if I'm still OK for the 4/20 date?

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
I wouldn't if you already have a FOL. It has your class date on it doesn't it? They will contact you if something changed.

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
i personally dont see any harm in getting an update. a call isn't necessary but if it's bothering you then they are there to answer any questions.

Battani22

Trusted Contributor
Apr 6, 2009
Minnesota
Yeah, it's a "Firm offer letter" with the report date of 4/20/11...It doesn't say anywhere that it's subject to change, so who knows.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
There is no guessing a Fol that's official govt business. It's the people who were given a verbal date and still don't have a Fol who should worry.