Bad Hiring News

Bubbles

Aug 18, 2009
Chesapeake, VA
I called my HR rep back in January and asked her what she thought about us resigning our lease, and me enrolling for my next semester of college. She then informed me that I shouldn't expect anything until early FY12. So, I signed the lease and enrolled. Then the first week of March, she called me and said that due to budget and manning, my facility (MCI) wouldn't need me FY12. So I was looking at FY13. So, then she offered me a new facility and a new TOL. So, I got my redirect TOL last week and she said to expect late FY11. So, still waiting. But I am military, so waiting is nothing new. Government is the same all around. WAITING GAME.

DunnMan

Rookie
May 22, 2009
MTSU - Dec 09
So, then she offered me a new facility and a new TOL. So, I got my redirect TOL last week and she said to expect late FY11. So, still waiting. But I am military, so waiting is nothing new. Government is the same all around. WAITING GAME.
Where did they redirect you to?

Nistlerooy

Rookie
Feb 25, 2011
ZOA
December 2009 I got a call from my HR person who said "You're going to class on Jan 23rd, but don't give notice at work or to your landlord." She called me back on Jan 4th 2010 and said "I hope you didn't give notice at work...."

jwjulian

Newcomer
Oct 13, 2009
They're still going to keep hiring. Albeit, may take longer than expected for notification->TOL->FOL, but keep in mind all the people at different points in the process who are going to washout. People that are already at facilities, those at the academy, those waiting for FOL, and those waiting for TOL. Still have spots to fill.

And retirees.

Jul 8, 2009
Maryland
Here is the response I got from my HR rep today after emailing him asking him when I should expect to get my FOL:

"We are waiting on the air traffic organization to give us the go-ahead to extend the firm offer letters. As soon as that happens I'll have yours out to you. In the mean time, in the event there are any changes, please do not submit notice to your current employer or landlord."

Anybody else hear this recently? Last Monday is when he put me down for the April 20 class date... Still hoping I can get in on it. Just when I thought it was really happening...
I got almost exactly the same email only it said they were waiting for authorization to give out class dates which is essentially the same thing...

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
The ATO meets quarterly and reviews this type of information. They have people in the classes already, it appears they just can't finalize class dates until they finish meeting. A formality.

cucciarre

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
A11
Best of luck to everyone, but mostly everyone fighting. I hope you all get different facilities or aircraft might be doomed :D

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY
The ATO meets quarterly and reviews this type of information. They have people in the classes already, it appears they just can't finalize class dates until they finish meeting. A formality.
So if a decision IS made (which you seem to think it's unlikely and I appreciate you're input) do you think it means something that my rep verbally put me in this class, ie does that mean that my facility has need? My district manager simply said they're ready for me whenever I'm done at OKC. I'd like to at least know that if I don't get an FOL before my 4/20 class date that my TOL will still keep me queued for one of the next ones that does get opened up.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Yeah, it's a "Firm offer letter" with the report date of 4/20/11...It doesn't say anywhere that it's subject to change, so who knows.
Its happened before, even after receiving the FOL. Even after receiving a welcome packet.

xrayoscar28

Rookie
Oct 26, 2010
well thats a bowl of dog shit looking at itself in the mirror. Anything is possible thats for sure.

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
So if a decision IS made (which you seem to think it's unlikely and I appreciate you're input) do you think it means something that my rep verbally put me in this class, ie does that mean that my facility has need? My district manager simply said they're ready for me whenever I'm done at OKC. I'd like to at least know that if I don't get an FOL before my 4/20 class date that my TOL will still keep me queued for one of the next ones that does get opened up.
A guy just got his drug refresh e-mail today for a June class date. They aren't stopping hiring. Just making sure the numbers are all okay and as Rossta mentioned a month or so ago, there is talk of having larger class sizes. Larger classes = less classes offerred.