Bad Hiring News

nwimike

Rookie
May 22, 2009
NW Indiana
I heard the October panel got cancelled... sucks for us CTI grads who are graduating this May.
This better not be true. I find it hard to believe that they would go a whole year without any selections. And put up a new CTI job announcement on Aviator that closes just before October.

Either state your source or don't start rumors that are going to piss people off.

Pete

Trusted Member
Sep 9, 2008
The CTI announcements are recurring and always end before the new FY begins. October would be the first panel of FY12 so it wouldn't be them putting off a whole year of hiring. Whether or not the panel will happen I don't know, my guess is that it is way too far in the future to be decided yet.

PapaGolf

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2009
Biscuit
Also, the presence of a vacancy announcement to apply to doesn't imply there is going to be a CSP at a specific time/interval throughout the fiscal year.

I find it hard to believe that they would go a whole year without any selections. And put up a new CTI job announcement on Aviator that closes just before October.
It is becoming the "norm" for there to be a constant, or "rolling," CTI announcement that opens sometime towards the beginning of the fiscal year (October 1st) and closes towards the end (September 30th.) The reason a new CTI announcement came out this year had to do with the website update and name/change, which occured after the October 2010 CSP for FY'11.

CSPs are held solely at the discretion of the FAA based upon projected need.

nwimike

Rookie
May 22, 2009
NW Indiana
Good point. As far as the 1 year thing, I was referring to one calendar-year between hires. If the October panel gets pushed back, I imagine it likely won't happen until sometime in 2012. I hope this isn't the case, but yes, it seems way too early for something like that to be decided already. That's the main point I was getting at, that rumors get started out of nowhere.

PapaGolf

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2009
Biscuit
If it makes you feel any better, the question came up at the last telcon with the CTI schools and a rep from ATO stated that after the then "upcoming" March panels there were no planned CSPs on the books for the rest of FY'11, which ends Sept 30th. There wasn't really an indication of whether or not they would hold one in October like usual, to start FY'12 off, but it sounded like they just simply didn't know and didn't want to comment on whether or not there would be one. I believe her words were something along the lines of ...the ATO and HR representatives will assess the needs of the FAA at that time and if it is determined there will be a need for one then there will be a CSP in October.