Basics 8/10/2010

jodm23

Newcomer
May 22, 2009
Well I initially applied to PUBNAT 1 in Jan. of 2008. I received a TOL for a location I was unwilling to relocate to so I declined it(I already have a Federal job so I was unwilling to pack up and move away). I applied a 2nd time to PUBNAT 7 and again, received a TOL to a location I was unwilling to move too....so, since I have been through the process once before I have gotten to know the ATCT/RAPCON Manager here where I live. I explained everything to her....next thing I know I get a call from FAA HR asking if I am willing to accept a re-direct to SHV...which is where I live.

I received my FOL in June for a basics class set to start August 10...so right now I'm trying to decide where I'm going to stay while in OKC.

mtlatc

Epic Member
Oct 17, 2008
In a bus down by the river!
Well I initially applied to PUBNAT 1 in Jan. of 2008. I received a TOL for a location I was unwilling to relocate to so I declined it(I already have a Federal job so I was unwilling to pack up and move away). I applied a 2nd time to PUBNAT 7 and again, received a TOL to a location I was unwilling to move too....so, since I have been through the process once before I have gotten to know the ATCT/RAPCON Manager here where I live. I explained everything to her....next thing I know I get a call from FAA HR asking if I am willing to accept a re-direct to SHV...which is where I live.

I received my FOL in June for a basics class set to start August 10...so right now I'm trying to decide where I'm going to stay while in OKC.
LOL, KH is way cool, next time you talk to her tell her LE said Hi. BTW, unfortunately, I think I know why you got your chance. Look at the June 29 PV thread....

jodm23

Newcomer
May 22, 2009
LOL, KH is way cool, next time you talk to her tell her LE said Hi. BTW, unfortunately, I think I know why you got your chance. Look at the June 29 PV thread....
Yes, she seems really cool. I'm looking forward to working for KH...of course on the condition I get a pass during the PV! I'm really looking forward to getting into the world of ATC....I'm passed due on a career change if you know what I mean!