Best case scenario

randt

Jan 12, 2009
So, this is my theory. This is my theory only, and of course, means absolutely nothing.

So, it does seem that PUB7 is alone and won't be combined with PUB8 (If said PUBNAT will ever exist). I am basing my theory on the rumor that panels will be the first week of August. I am also basing my theory on the fact that so many of us received our AT SAT scores so quickly.

So, the last group taking the ATSAT seems to be the very end of June. I would suggest (again, my suggestion only) that geo prefs will be sent about 7-14 and ref lists made about 7-22.

Feel free to post your theory here.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
I would actually say your timeframe seems to be pretty accurate given previous PUBNAT timeframes. If I had to bet, I would guess that your estimates are the way they go. However, the curveball IF they post PUB8 would all depend on the staffing situation. They hired quite a few people this last go around and could combine PUB7 & 8 at a later time once processing gets a little deeper with the 3-4 and 5-6 candidates.

randt

Jan 12, 2009
Yeah, being combined with 8 is absolute worst case scenario, since it hasn't even opened yet! If that happens, I might age out. I did think about how close this one seems to 5/6, especially since the PEPC will barely be done by the end of our testing.

Mase0613

Newcomer
Nov 29, 2008
I dont think they would combine 7 & 8 there will be at least a 7 month difference. I think they relaized combing all the bubnats put them in this little hole they are in. This i feel is why they were so concerned with getting all of ttest for 5 and 6 done before moving foward with 7. 7 was kinda back burnered to clean up the little disaster they created

Mase0613

Newcomer
Nov 29, 2008
also not to burst anyone's bubble. But i spoke with the career center a few weeks ago regarding the delay in testing an the scheduled panel. there is a possibilty the panel may be delayed, but ofcourse this all depends who you speak with and im sure all of us have come to relaize the career center for the FAA knows just as much as us applying. you always get the favorite response " well they havent told us yet".

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
My theory, and this is not at all based on anything substantial. PUB Bonobo gets released on July. Then they get fast tracked to catch up with PUB7 and you guys have your panels in October.

Mase0613

Newcomer
Nov 29, 2008
My theory, and this is not at all based on anything substantial. PUB Bonobo gets released on July. Then they get fast tracked to catch up with PUB7 and you guys have your panels in October.
i just dont see that being even remoely possible, 7 monthes just seems way to much to catch up on. Plus even with pubnat1 the first one ever it took 5 monthes to test so releasing pubnat 8 an filtering all the apps then sending out autohrizations then the turn around to schedule testing then to actually do the testing and score and send out geo prferences for a pubnat8 will in the absolute fastest be done by dec. so oct panels may be a reality but they def wont consist of 8. it would be solely a pubnat 7 panel meeting.

Michalak87

Jan 30, 2009
MI
i just dont see that being even remoely possible, 7 monthes just seems way to much to catch up on. Plus even with pubnat1 the first one ever it took 5 monthes to test so releasing pubnat 8 an filtering all the apps then sending out autohrizations then the turn around to schedule testing then to actually do the testing and score and send out geo prferences for a pubnat8 will in the absolute fastest be done by dec. so oct panels may be a reality but they def wont consist of 8. it would be solely a pubnat 7 panel meeting.
GEO-Preferences are now going to be done when you apply, check the update on ASAP. This would eliminate them having to send that out, and theorectically, could mean 7 and 8 may be combined. They may have even found some other ways to streamline the process to speed it up, I mean they have had 6 months to do so, so I guess we will see!

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
It's not 7 months that needs to be catched up on, it's one step. If they focus on it they can have pub 8 testing within in a month or two.

Mase0613

Newcomer
Nov 29, 2008
the geo preference in the application process is probably just to cut costs.. why pay to test people if they arent willing to relocate or an area an applicant wants isnt in need of people., They are just weeding out the waste before it costs them any money if i remeber correctly it cost about 800 dollars a person to test. That will be one big chunk of change the FAA is saving especially with the amount of people OTS applying

scott_evil

May 5, 2009
Fort Collins, CO
Don't forget, in this most recent round of hiring, lots of people were sent to areas that they didn't even pick, while others were passed up who DID put those places, so it would appear that they don't actually give your geo prefs that much consideration anyway. Maybe this is just a way of saving time. I.e. they can ignore your preferences more quickly :)

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
while others were passed up who DID put those places, so it would appear that they don't actually give your geo prefs that much consideration anyway. Maybe this is just a way of saving time. I.e. they can ignore your preferences more quickly :)
Niagra was apparently given ZSE because she had it down as her #1 preference on her original application. So who knows.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Yeah, I heard something about that, but she wasn't the only one.
The others that were selected for random states (that they did NOT put on their official geo pref email) may just have put the state they were selected for in their original application. There were 10 choices AND you choose "throughout the nation" as one of them. My interviewer said that they used the original selections on your application at this last panel and that those selections have NO preference order.

ParrotheadJGR11

Apr 2, 2009
Atlanta
everyone who has spoken with someone has different news to report.. so.. let's just all hope every bit of negative news is false.. haha..

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
If Pub 7 is still testing in July, I dont see them getting into the August Panel.

BigBOSS

Gotta Keep 'em Seperated!
Aug 24, 2008
Austin, TX
This is the Government we are talking about, assume nothing.