Best Places to Stay Besides Kims and IB?

brucerey43

May 22, 2015
This may be covered somewhere else but I haven't seen good responses. I am expecting my TOL process to start next few weeks my PTOL just got moved to Jan 2016. Was hoping for recommendations on furnished places that don't eat my housing per diem. I'm looking for any advice anyone has. If you like somewhere or can recommend it then why?

alpharomeo9911

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Just google furnished apartments in okc and read the reviews. Most people who have gone to the academy used one of the major properties due to the simple fact that majority of all your classmates will be doing the same thing. Also, you will not have to worry about paying your monthly bills once you get your reimbursement check as it would just come out automatically I believe. ( correct me if I'm wrong)

alexb507

Feb 26, 2014
Try to stay near your class mates. There are 15 in our terminal class and 10 of us are staying at Kims. This makes studying / meeting people VERY EASY

TBer15

Newcomer
Oct 7, 2015
I'm expected to go down jan 2016 as well...I was planning on road tripping down to OKC sometime in november to check out a few places, from what i've seen through google earth the area around IB is older residential and pretty far from the academy (at least a 20min drive) the anatole on macarthur looks nice but I think you have to have a roommate to stay there...those were my top 2 but i'll let you know what I think after I see them in person lol

Jabberfest

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
I'm expected to go down jan 2016 as well...I was planning on road tripping down to OKC sometime in november to check out a few places, from what i've seen through google earth the area around IB is older residential and pretty far from the academy (at least a 20min drive) the anatole on macarthur looks nice but I think you have to have a roommate to stay there...those were my top 2 but i'll let you know what I think after I see them in person lol
I had thought I read that you need a roommate at the Anatole as well, however, all the apartments are one bedrooms...

EDIT: I just realized you can book the Anatole through either Premier Rental Properties or Corporate Housing Solutions. If you book through the former, I think you have to have a roommate. The latter only offers one bedrooms.

Last edited:

leel

Newcomer
Jul 4, 2015
Anatole is nice and you don't have a roommate. If you don't mind using all of your housing per diem then try and stay at Anatole. If you are trying to save money then I'd suggest Walnut Gardens. Kim's place is fine if you don't mind roommates...I can't stand them, plus my wife is here with me. I've got a one bedroom at Walnut and it is much nicer and bigger than the apartment I had at Isola Bella. I tell everyone to stay away from IB but some people still seem to like it.

There are quite a few apartments that will do short term leases of at least 3 months. So if you are terminal without basics then you can't use them. You'll have to provide your own furniture, there are some decent furniture rental places in OKC so this is a viable option.

ajv

Aug 28, 2015
Burbank, CA
Anatole is nice and you don't have a roommate. If you don't mind using all of your housing per diem then try and stay at Anatole. If you are trying to save money then I'd suggest Walnut Gardens. Kim's place is fine if you don't mind roommates...I can't stand them, plus my wife is here with me. I've got a one bedroom at Walnut and it is much nicer and bigger than the apartment I had at Isola Bella. I tell everyone to stay away from IB but some people still seem to like it.

There are quite a few apartments that will do short term leases of at least 3 months. So if you are terminal without basics then you can't use them. You'll have to provide your own furniture, there are some decent furniture rental places in OKC so this is a viable option.
will be staying at walnut in about a week and a half. so its not a bad place you say? i stayed away from IB ive just read horrible things about it