Bicycle rack at the academy?

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN
Just wheel it in the hallways with you. All you need to do is get an ID badge to put around the handlebars for it. Maybe name it Juniper Harris?? thats a decent name.

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
When are you going? No offense but it gets over 100 in OKC. You'll smell awful if you bike to work. For the sake of your class and yourself, please don't do it.

Kim

Academy Housing Provider
Aug 31, 2008
Mustang, Oklahoma
kimsplaceokc.com
Oklahoma City is not the best for this type of transportation. Weather, distance ( okc is bery spread out and the roads would make this a unhappy experience for you. Stay somewhere on the shuttle for class and have the bike to cruise around.

ImperialFleet

Rookie
May 28, 2009
Earth
Thanks for the concern, but I am bringing my car as well. I am not worried about weather or distance and will have appropriate attire and know how to plan ahead. I am an endurance athlete and enjoy any opportunity to add 10, 20, or more miles to my daily training.

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO
Thanks for the concern, but I am bringing my car as well. I am not worried about weather or distance and will have appropriate attire and know how to plan ahead. I am an endurance athlete and enjoy any opportunity to add 10, 20, or more miles to my daily training.
Take Kim's advice and add 10, 20 or more years to your life. Don't try biking into the Academy in OKC. Bad roads and inattentive (or crazy) drivers make OKC a very bad town for bicycles.

ImperialFleet

Rookie
May 28, 2009
Earth
I called FAA Student Services. For those that are interested (and I have been PM'd by a few of you), yes there is a bicycle rack at the academy. However, the caveat is that the rack may be on the opposite side of the academy from where classes are. He said it all depends on what class you're in. He did say there may be more than one rack.

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
He's gonna be "that bike guy".... Until they wash him out for being that bike guy

ImperialFleet

Rookie
May 28, 2009
Earth
Thanks for your confidence!

[Almost] everyone's overbearing, undesired paternalism towards a complete stranger and total lack of answering a simple yes/no question has been eye opening.

BadPassportPhoto

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2011
ZTL
A bike rack? A bike rack. I don't even own A bike, let alone many bikes that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do with a bike rack?

GeorgeM

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2008
CO

[Almost] everyone's overbearing, undesired paternalism towards a complete stranger and total lack of answering a simple yes/no question has been eye opening.
We're giving you the information that you NEED, just not the information that you wanted.

j_time41

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2008
Lakeville, MN

You sound like that guy. Just saying. Let me tell you what happens every morning at the Academy...

About 50% of the ppl that work there show up in the same 10 minutes. The last ten minutes b4 you have to report to work.
Cars are backed up for hundreds of yards, and at a slow crawl. The speed limit does not mean anything if you are a federal employee on that road. They will have to be careful as you slowly pedal past them all, taking the left turn light by storm. They will have to wait as you swoop in front of a car at the gate who is late already, and by the sound of it, maybe ask for bike turn by turn directions, and where the safest routes are with sidewalks so you can keep you "endurence" bike body safe.

As you finally get in the academy doors, you will stink. Yes, even high performance athletes sweat. Then, I would bet you will sit front and center as your BO radiates and tickles even the most least sensitives of nostrils.

:)
Not saying you cant do it. Im all for it. Do what you want man. Just try not to be annoying about it.