Bid Out Aug 8-15

bigevan

Rookie
Apr 25, 2016
From the 2015 bid, the first people were hired about 6 months after applying. Some people, myself included, are still waiting to get assigned a class date. That bid was March, 2015. Do not expect anything fast. Probably hear who passed BQ in a month, then another month to setup ATSA, then a month to administer, then a couple months before hearing anything else. Then some people start getting paperwork and working on clearances (will take a minimum of 1 month, probably more to get clearances).
Oh I am prior military, with 10 years experience and an active secret clearance... Any update on that answer :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
Oh I am prior military, with 10 years experience and an active secret clearance... Any update on that answer :)

Still gonna take about the same time, they'll still do another security clearance. I believe if you are hired under this bid you'll have to pass the Bio-Q...if you wait until the prior experience bid, you'll skip the Bio-Q. The process will still probably take just as long for the prior experience bid though.

bigevan

Rookie
Apr 25, 2016
Still gonna take about the same time, they'll still do another security clearance. I believe if you are hired under this bid you'll have to pass the Bio-Q...if you wait until the prior experience bid, you'll skip the Bio-Q. The process will still probably take just as long for the prior experience bid though.
No, the pool 1 bypasses the bio, I am also in the category that got denied due to the bio in 2014's bid

rdyotz

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2014
Arizona
No, the pool 1 bypasses the bio, I am also in the category that got denied due to the bio in 2014's bid

In the 2015 bid, neither prior experience nor vets were not put through ahead of OTS. Maybe they changed that in this bid, but probably not. So still expect 6 months at a bare minimum, and up to 2 years. No one will move on until everyone has taken the AT-SA and they get the results, which my guess would be early next year. In 2015, people were randomly grouped into into projected class time frames (one group every 3 months). I would expect the first one in March, so they should start getting the first group of clearances going in January. From what I have heard, you will need to get a new clearance for the FAA, but it should be quick. I had my conditional security clearance before I was even able to schedule a medical appointment. Medical is definitely the current bottleneck. Expect 2 months for that to clear.

The prior experience bid will likely be quicker, depending on when they publish it. Hopefully, it comes out before the AT-SA, so people can get through quicker. Once the AT-SA finishes, HR gets slammed with work for a few months, and everything kind of drags out. The timeframe is similar for prior experience bid, probably around 6 months for the first people, but it will probably be completed in 1 year, rather than 2 for OTS.

Granted, everything I have posted as been past events, maybe the FAA will switch things up completely this time.

ksplatt4488

Feb 4, 2014
NC
I have a year and a half of approach experience and I checked the box, talked with a couple people I worked with and they said to check it.
My buddy who is currently in the FAA said ppl who check that are weeded out; it's what Kingpin controllers check because they keep using that word and they don't know what it means.

Echo Mike

Epic Member
Apr 2, 2015
Tennessee
My buddy who is currently in the FAA said ppl who check that are weeded out; it's what Kingpin controllers check because they keep using that word and they don't know what it means.
If you don't kno what it is, then obviously you didn't do it so don't check it. I wouldn't check it either, but it shouldn't DQ someone

duris814

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
I did a little more research and appearently from what I could gather its a separate cert... I resubmitted with it unchecked

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bceltics933

Aug 9, 2016
Since the job description specifically asked for start and end DAYs I put a note in the job description with exact dates. For a job that I'm still working at will writing

START DATE: 01/01/2016 END DATE: PRESENT - be sufficient? I'd hate to lose out on a job because of a technicality like that.

bigevan

Rookie
Apr 25, 2016
Since the job description specifically asked for start and end DAYs I put a note in the job description with exact dates. For a job that I'm still working at will writing

START DATE: 01/01/2016 END DATE: PRESENT - be sufficient? I'd hate to lose out on a job because of a technicality like that.
I was wondering the same thing, USA jobs doesn't give you the option.

PriceIsRight

Rookie
Aug 8, 2016

That's what I did as well.

typhoon5150

Oct 8, 2012
I just finished my application and got a green check!!! When should I plan on going to Oklahoma? Will I stay in Oklahoma if I applied for that bid?

justinlamarr1992

Dec 16, 2014
Dallas, TX
Although I'm a good spirit isn't it kinda a low bow for all the eligible guys who applied in Dec 2015 to be referred but not hired and then the FAA starts a whole new bid looking for applications but doesn't use the list of previous referred? Man I'm not being negative but what if they hire more actual off the street "what's an ILS" Joe blows than the guys who are qualified... Something seems fishy but I will stay positive and pray.

duris814

Rookie
Aug 8, 2015
Although I'm a good spirit isn't it kinda a low bow for all the eligible guys who applied in Dec 2015 to be referred but not hired and then the FAA starts a whole new bid looking for applications but doesn't use the list of previous referred? Man I'm not being negative but what if they hire more actual off the street "what's an ILS" Joe blows than the guys who are qualified... Something seems fishy but I will stay positive and pray.
Well according to the bid the next prior exp will be out within 60 days....but yeah I definitely think some people got hosed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Truth

Jun 22, 2011
On the last prior experience bid, did anyone get referred after the initial cutoff date? Everyone I know who applied in February and March were all rejected.

Shanebryant87

Newcomer
Apr 15, 2015
Random question here but I want to be sure. I want to have everything in line. In the page where you upload your documents at like your letter of recommendation and transcripts and such, it has a drop down to indicate if the document is a "cover letter" or other options. I wasn't sure what to put there so I just put "cover letter". Will that be okay on the application?