BNSF projected HIRES

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
Just wanting to let those of you who are interested in becomming a train dispatcher or train conductor/ engineer, the company is projected to have around 350 retires within 2011, 81 hires for train dispatcher alone next year. If you want to apply I urge you to keep an eye out weekly. Check the BNSF.com website and look for the jobs, they have multiple places to work including texas, missouri, nebraska, colorado, montana, utah, california, washington, new mexico, oklahoma, illanois, north and south dakota... the dispatchers are only located in California (san bernadino), Texas (Fort Worth and Spring) and Missouri (kansas city). Classes for TD are 16 weeks long and will be enrolling / hiring as we speak, get your foot in the door and make shit happen, no point on waiting 2 years for an FOL from the FAA when you can make 63K a year start out and have pretty much unlimited branches to change to or promotions to be had. Primary GST (general superintendant of operations) makes 160K a year. that takes about 10-15 years however to get but looking at the FAA and BNSF perks/benefits, the railroad is the way to go. Just thought i'd let everyone out there know about it, also look up Union Pacific railroad and Norfolk Southern as i'm sure they'll be having a good amount of retires this next year also.

Best of Luck to all...

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
thanks for the heads up! I'm going to be sh*ting bricks if I don't at least get chosen at these next panels. I'm just trying to make SOMETHING happen to get my new life going, tired of waiting!!!

EricEmpire

Jun 23, 2009
Chicago, IL
CSX pays you to go to school. Is BNSF doing the same for you, or are you using a GI bill? I mean granted once you're in, you're getting paid the same, but doesn't that kind of seem like a racket, making you go to school on your dime to one of the 2 schools they accept?

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
depends, some classes are getting paid, some aren't, i think prior military classes get paid and OTS doesn't. But who knows it might change, they said every other class is gonna be getting paid, not sure on how true it is, you know how shit gets said but nothing occurs...

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
ya you'll have to apply under the trainee positions, there will be more bro, dont worry, lots of people either test out to a different trade, or managerial position, or retire, so thats how many have done that within this past year, thats what they're looking to replace next year.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
I'm definately going to keep plugging away at it! How long does it usually take to hear something after you've applied? I heard something like, a week later after I applied to CSX...it was a no, but at least it was nice to hear something that fast instead of up to 6wks after panels are with the FAA. lol

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
if thats the timeline, continue to expect return messeges in the same amount of time, but usually when you are invited to the seminar's you have surpassed so many other people its not even funny. 1500 + people applied to the job posting i applied to, 43 made it to the interview, 17 got the job... lucky me, and i heard within 4 days... It could be different between companies, but not near as long as FAA, at most i'd say 2 weeks MAX...

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
Hahahaha I love Monty! Sat with him yesterday and he's funny as hell, great dispatcher too! He dislikes most chiefs but they look after him, "penguins!"

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
Son of a b........

Got all excited when I saw a listing for dispatcher trainees...but upon further review, it says...

This posting is only for recruiting candidates who are currently enrolled in the dispatcher class at Tarrant County Community College which began on September 20, 2010.
hahaha

nspost

Rookie
Sep 23, 2009
TX
Lmao! I saw that today too,but I said screw it! All they could say is no thanks or maybe add me in if they choose to.

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
ya do that, if you have to go to a competing class... pay attention... meaning if they have 20 students but only 18 openings, everyone is competing for a spot so get that shit...