Brand new! Pubnat 5, 6, ...

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Hey All,

I was so excited to stumble across this forum today. I have been patiently waiting to hear something since I put in for PUBNAT5 almost 2 months ago. Problem is that everyone who I try and share my excitement with either has no idea what I'm saying or has no interest in the ATC application process (go figure!). It was so cool to come here and find others in the same boat as me.

I got hooked on aviation 6 years ago. Since then I have gotten my BS in aviation mgmt., gotten my CMEL/CFII, spent 3.5 years working in operations at a regional, and am currently working operations for international charter and flying a small plane part time. I love flying and I love the chaos of aviation management. Somehow under the pressure, if you are able to multi task, organize like hell, and keep your calm every thing makes sense at the end of the day.

The life a pilot sounded great when I was young and single, but now I would prefer to spend more nights at home. I'm burned out from the corporate bs that goes on in airline management. ATC (while it will have its ups and downs) sounds like my little piece of paradise.

Here's hoping that I don't spend eternity in ATC application purgatory.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Re: Brand n e w! Pubnat 5, 6, ...

Don't count on spending your nights at home. There are plenty of 24hr facilities out there.

Shyu

Jul 24, 2008
www.stuckmic.com

The life a pilot sounded great when I was young and single, but now I would prefer to spend more nights at home. I'm burned out from the corporate bs that goes on in airline management. ATC (while it will have its ups and downs) sounds like my little piece of paradise.
Unless you go to a part time tower or what not, you really won't be spending that many nights at home during a week. There is a lot of other stuff that happens in atc management and it might coincide with what you dealt with in the corporation. But if you find this career interesting, I say go for it! I love it!
Good luck!

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix

Don't count on spending your nights at home. There are plenty of 24hr facilities out there.
"nights at home" meaning when you sleep you are in your own bed. Ive been in airline operations long enough to know better.