business

Jul 9, 2019
Hey Folks,

I am curious how the 'covid' is affecting your work. I can tell you it has clobbered the airlines (as you probably know).

I suspect 'safety inspector' positions are a bit slow. I suspect the same with the ATC guys.

With exception of the ATC guys (possibly) utilizing a bit less gear (there by writing a bit less of it up), I suspect the ATSS positions have roughly the same work load.
Would that be a fair guess?
Have you seen any new hires from a announcement that closed in April?

Thanks in advance..

Scotter

Jan 4, 2010
Southwest Regional Office
Hey Folks,

I am curious how the 'covid' is affecting your work. I can tell you it has clobbered the airlines (as you probably know).
Covid has made many positions telework eligible that would not have been otherwise. Keeping maybe "essential" ATSS at the work site, but I would bet most teleworking and "recall" within certain times for essential repairs of NAS equipment.

With exception of the ATC guys (possibly) utilizing a bit less gear (there by writing a bit less of it up), I suspect the ATSS positions have roughly the same work load.
Would that be a fair guess?
From my perspective, as someone who analyzes techops outages in the NAS nationwide, I can tell you - there was a significant decrease in outage reporting due to low ATC staffing, as well as low utilization by both airlines and GA aviators. Fortunately, as I heard today, we are back to about 80% of what our normal air traffic looks like for this time of year.

Have you seen any new hires from a announcement that closed in April?
No. Additionally, I usually post announcements here when I see them (Open bids for US citizens). I don't post internal bids because I figure those on here are looking to get in.

Have you been referred?,

Thanks in advance..
You're welcome.

Scotter

Jul 9, 2019
Yep, was referred to a couple of locations. I havent heard anything since April. I am not in a rush, just curious.

Hey, thanks again for the Info!

SMS

Trusted Member
Oct 28, 2014
Like Scotter said, many of us who never dreamed of teleworking are now doing so.

For many of us, our technical workload has decreased due to initiatives out in place to protect people and facilities. We still work on equipment but now have more time to tighten up the ship in terms of paperwork and administrivia.

I’m still teleworking but end up in the field at one of my sites at least a couple days a week...I just start and end at home Vs my office at the ATCT tower.