Calling all reinstatements!

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
So whats the scoop on reinstatements?
I'm living in the Houston Hub right now, and am going stir crazy. I resigned to help with my kids while my wife built a business up. Kids are in school now and I'm so bored most of the time playing house wife that I can't see straight.
Put in on the last reinstatement bid. Have left several messages with the I90 manager, who's also the hub manager, gotta try him again this week.

How does the reinstatement process work?

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
If that is where you want to go, I suggest getting in contact with the facility manager and the ATM and let them know that is where you want to go and you had a good reason for leaving the FAA. Networking is what you have to do, and then apply to an announcement(make sure it applies to you, I made that mistake), and hope that they can get your name pulled. There are so many people trying to get such few spots, you have to make yourself stand out.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
If that is where you want to go, I suggest getting in contact with the facility manager and the ATM and let them know that is where you want to go and you had a good reason for leaving the FAA. Networking is what you have to do, and then apply to an announcement(make sure it applies to you, I made that mistake), and hope that they can get your name pulled. There are so many people trying to get such few spots, you have to make yourself stand out.

Yup. I've actually got a couple messages left for the hub manager. Going to try calling the HOU manager and the hub manager again this week.

buckeye10

Trusted Member
Nov 27, 2008
I just reread my last reply and I meant to say get in contact with the union rep and the ATM, they sometimes have connections in the region. I don't know why you left or how your relationship was with your last facrep and ATM but if they are willing to talk to the facility on your behalf, or even write letters of recommendation for you, that helps also. I am working on reinstatement also and doing the things I just stated has helped a lot....just waiting for the right announcement...good luck to you

vctrchick

Nov 10, 2010
Virginia
Yes, spoke to Oklahoma City today. The next reinstatement bid will begin January 3rd and go into February. The hiring panel is scheduled for March. Good luck to us all!

needajob

Newcomer
Jul 4, 2008
Anyone ever heard of someone already in the agency applying for a reinstatement bid? I'm trying to transfer to a facility that is full on staffing but for some reason still picking up developmentals through bids.

RFDATM

Trusted Contributor
Nov 27, 2009
IL
CPCs bid thru MPP or submit ERRs for reassignments not thru reinstatement bids (unless they have resigned from the FAA or transfered to DOD)

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
I don't want to alarm anyone, but as of 0718 Eastern, there are bids for VRA, RMC, CTO and CTI up on the board.

I'll be calling the point of contact for the last bid today, if I don't see a reinstatement bid by this afternoon. I'll post what I find out, if anything.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
1338 Eastern: Spoke to Jeff from Aviation Careers, who confirmed that another bid for reinstatements will come out in the next week to 10 days.