Can Supervisors Work a AWS Schedule?

ATController1

Rookie
Mar 10, 2010
Does anyone know if supervisors are allowed to work a AWS schedule? If not, where can I find it in writting? Or, is it up to the discretion of the ATM if staffing permits it? Thanks!

butterflym

Newcomer
Nov 4, 2017
Hello guys:) Sorry, my question is not on the topic. Does anyone know airnavigation providers in Europe, which have official programs of sharing experience with ATCs from other countries? If u took part in any of these programs, give me your feedback. I appreciate. And second: do u know any language schools in Europe, which have "aviation english" program?Thanks in advance

butterflym

Newcomer
Nov 4, 2017
HellHello guys:) Sorry, my question aren't on the topic. Does anyone know airnavigation providers in Europe, which have official programs of sharing experience with ATC s from other countries? If u took part in any of these programs, give me your feedback. I appreciate. And second: do u know language schools in Europe, which have "aviation english" program? Thanks in advanceSoory? my questions aren't on the topic. Does anyone know airnavigation providers in Europe, which have official programs of sharing experience with ATC s from other countries? If u took part in any of these programs, give me your feedback. I appreciate. And second: do u know language schools in Europe, which have "aviation english" program? Thanks in advance

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
We got denied due to staffing numbers, but management didnt and are now on a aws for 2018
I'd say it's up to the management on whether they have the numbers to allow it. Just because the controllers can't work it, that shouldn't be a reason why management can't.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
Managers' schedules are at the discretion of the ATM, usually delegated to the manager who writes the schedule for the rest.

But if my facility's number were so low that we couldn't have AWSs, that must mean that it's low enough that splitting out positions to ensure flight safety might cause people to go 2+ hours on position without being offered a break. And if that happened, you'd have something to grieve, and those grievances would remind your district manager and the Region how poor your staffing is.