Cape TRACON - K90

Linco

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2010
Anybody have any information on Cape TRACON? Traffic levels, working conditions, etc?

CPL22586

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2010
Nashua, NH
Re: K90 - FAA Cape TRACON

Has there been any discussion of the FAA consolidating the Cape TRACON (K90) to BCT? I know that BCT currently has the capability to expand.

aviator

Jun 18, 2008
NH

There is always talk about bringing Cape approach and PWM approach to A90. I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon if it does. We have plenty of room if they do decide to consolidate them in with us.

Sarchi

Newcomer
Sep 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Does anyone have contact information for K90? I'm in OKC now and will be heading there after. I'm moving from north of Boston and looking to get in touch with some people down there

ZSupra

Newcomer
Dec 20, 2013

Anyone here working at Cape tracon? I was wondering how it is to work here. Any plans for consolidating with Boston approach?

MoffattJustin03

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2013
Looks like this might be home soon. Just got my TOP and class dates. Hope to hear good things and ideally find a decent place to live out there!

FoggyWindow

Trusted Contributor
Feb 18, 2011
Los Santos Intl Airport
I worked in the tower that shares a parking lot with K90. Some of them are good people and some are assholes. I liked working with them. They get crazy busy in the summer and wicked slow in the winter. Its awesome living on the Cape. Summer sucks with all the tourist traffic but there's lots to do if you like the outdoors and the beaches. Thats a great area to live.

ATController1

Rookie
Mar 10, 2010
Heads up, K90 will be moving location soon. Either consolidating with A90 (Boston Approach), or PVD (Providence ATCT/TRACON). Meetings are happening now, this isn't rumor.

MoffattJustin03

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2013
ATController1 - is there any specific information or just is that just in talks. I do know that the goverment is not fast in doing almost anything, so what kind of time line would we be looking at?

ATController1

Rookie
Mar 10, 2010
Meetings happened, will know more on Monday. I would imagine this would not be an overnight process. Tons of changes to procedures, HR stuff, etc...

FoggyWindow

Trusted Contributor
Feb 18, 2011
Los Santos Intl Airport
I used to work in the tower that shares a parking lot with Cape App, this rumor has been floating around ever since Boston App moved. K90 is in a great location and it'd be too bad if they move. I loved living in that area.

MoffattJustin03

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2013
Mangos, as of now the recommendation has been made to consolidate with A90. Currently the proposal is up for public comment. After that there is a 60 day review period. Once the notice goes to congress for 30 days, if congress does nothing with the proposal it will automatically pass. After that we receive notification of the consolidation and date of move.

Hope that helps.