Carlsbad Tower - CRQ

Stan Marsh

Jun 18, 2008
The Desert
Re: Palomar ATCT(CRQ)

CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy CRQ! Carlsbad is a great town... it gets busy during the summer. I was there once a month for the last two years till I got hired by the FAA and lost my free flight bennies with one of the major airlines. I even flew there privately in a C172. It gets VERY busy. My folks still have a vacation rental there every summer. I'm "fixin" to join them this summer (sorry, I've been at OKC too long, ugh).

Charliefoxtrot

Nov 19, 2008
San Diego
I just toured the facility on Sunday morning. Met some great people there. It seems like a great tower to work - though the mix of traffic would be a challenge to learn. I would still love to get picked up at CRQ. They have a pretty good track record of developmentals getting trained quickly and then having success afterward at other facilities.

Biggm, did you ever get a hold of Brandon?

biggm16

Oct 16, 2008
Thanks for the help but I was called to go to a different facility so I could go to academy sooner and I accepted. Denver TRACON, OKC June 1.

tighedye05

Jun 1, 2009
Anyone go to CRQ recently? Just got a TOL there and have a feeling it's gonna be backed up with TRACON washouts. I'm gonna request SCT.

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
Sct does not want anything "under" a vra hire. Not sure of ur background.

IndiaFox

Newcomer
Sep 19, 2013
I currently work at March ARB and would love to work at CRQ. If anyone knows anything about future hiring and the possibility of positions there, I would love to know. Thanks!

Foogy

Rookie
Nov 3, 2016
Headed to academy next month, just putting together a wish list, CRQ is like the 30th down the list. Does anyone have any additional info for here?