Central Florida Tracon- F11

mikefsfr

Epic Member
May 31, 2010
Train Me.
Just looking for info on this place, seems really hard to find any information about F11. All I know is that its in orlando and a level 11. Anyone work there, tour there....anything?

TREE2008

Trusted Member
Oct 5, 2009
Miami, FL
If im not mistaken I toured here when I toured MCO tower. Its on Orlando Intls airport ground. Not to big of a facility. If i had to guess theres about maybe 10-15 radar scopes.

C

charliezuluatc

15 scopes sounds about right. The funny thing is, the Orlando complex is huge, that's only because of the odd shape of the airspace. It overlies the Orlando area, has a shelf over the Daytona beach area. It butts up against Tampa. There has always been talk of a super Tracon in Orlando for RSW, TPA, DAB and Jax.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Anyone have ATM contact info for this facility? PM it if you don't want to post it public.

KS1366

Oct 25, 2010
Im in the same boat exlucid, also looking for a swap if anyone is interested in PCT.

C

charliezuluatc

Out of curiosity, how many scopes are there at F11? Do you work them all or are you divided into areas? What level are you guys?
One more thing, there is a rumor about a new tracon being built. Any word on it? Trying to settle a bet.

teck182

Newcomer
Nov 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Twelve scopes, certified on all positions and level 11.

No information about a new facility, however, our thirty year old bathrooms are getting remodeled right now.

DeltaBravoATC

Rookie
Sep 22, 2015
Is F11 undergoing an airspace redesign? Do they have any plans to split the 12 scopes into two "areas"? Twelve radar positions is a lot to certify on, not including hand off and etc.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
17 in my sector. 12 sounds like a dream.
17 officially? How many of those get combined up into other positions?
I'm at an up/down, and the tracon has 10 radar positions, plus the coordinator spots, that is almost always combined up into 3 scopes. Then when it's slow, combined to 2 scopes.

teck182

Newcomer
Nov 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
Is F11 undergoing an airspace redesign? Do they have any plans to split the 12 scopes into two "areas"? Twelve radar positions is a lot to certify on, not including hand off and etc.
Yes we are but I'm not on the Metroplex team so I can't comment on the specifics.

I haven't heard of any plans to "split" the 12 scopes.