Change in facility from tol

1984warrior

Rookie
Jan 24, 2009
Minnesota
Hello everyone,

I received an email today from my hr rep stating that the facility I was offered in my tol is not hiring for fy10. She offered me another facility and I am not sure I want to accept it. Has anyone else had this situation? Has anyone declined an offer after already receiving a tol for a different facility? Thanks.

STL2CVG

Senior Analyst
Feb 2, 2009
Cincinnati
What facility was on your original TOL, and what were you offered? And what did she say would happen if you didn't accept the new offer?

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
I would assume he got a tower position. If you got switched, it was because someone else wanted that tower and some how persuaded their HR rep to transfer them, so they kicked warrior out and put him elsewhere. Bloody sucks. Did they at least put you in another tower?

1984warrior

Rookie
Jan 24, 2009
Minnesota
They did put me in another tower, but it is in a different state and I'm not sure I want to move there. This is what the email said:

"Your facility is not hiring in FY10 - i have a alternate location
for your consideration - please advise of your acceptance or to wait
for your previous facility"

thanks for the replies

ps I'm a "she", not a "he"
:p

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009
Hello everyone,

I received an email today from my hr rep stating that the facility I was offered in my tol is not hiring for fy10. She offered me another facility and I am not sure I want to accept it. Has anyone else had this situation? Has anyone declined an offer after already receiving a tol for a different facility? Thanks.
I got a similiar email today but I was going to a tracon and they gave me a tower, it is in the same state though. I just hope they don't change it again.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
alot of people are getting this... you can keep your current facility but you will most likely be waiting over a year.

1984warrior

Rookie
Jan 24, 2009
Minnesota
After sleeping on it, I am going to accept the new facility. My husband will have to commute to his job, but he's ok with it if I get to training sooner. We'll see what happens!

jsATC

Rookie
Mar 6, 2009
I also got this e-mail this morning and my original TOL was for Lansing, MI and now they want me to go to Detroit, MI (murder city). I accepted and hopefully I will live to see retirement. haha

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I got a similiar email today but I was going to a tracon and they gave me a tower, it is in the same state though. I just hope they don't change it again.
STL? Were you scheduled for T75? If so, where'd you get transferred? I'm set for SUS, so you'd better not have taken my spot...

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
I also got this e-mail this morning and my original TOL was for Lansing, MI and now they want me to go to Detroit, MI (murder city). I accepted and hopefully I will live to see retirement. haha
made me lol... hahahaha

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
STL? Were you scheduled for T75? If so, where'd you get transferred? I'm set for SUS, so you'd better not have taken my spot...
In a smaller facility........first come first served. If the guy has all his clearances, he will get into OKC and then the facility. They are not going to wait. The FAA seems to grab more people than they can take. Lots of "Hey you'll get in October 2010" stuff going around, 'cause those from the earlier pubs are now getting into OKC.

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
In a smaller facility........first come first served. If the guy has all his clearances, he will get into OKC and then the facility. They are not going to wait. The FAA seems to grab more people than they can take. Lots of "Hey you'll get in October 2010" stuff going around, 'cause those from the earlier pubs are now getting into OKC.
I'm in PUBNAT4... hoping he's in 5. All my clearances have been in since April 14th.

therealjjo

Rookie
May 2, 2009
I got the same thing. I was going to Stockton now I'm heading down 99 for Fresno. Not sure if I'm upgrading or downgrading. I just want to start work.

Juanfl86

Rookie
Apr 30, 2009
I was definitely upgraded lol.. I went to the ATL PEPC a month ago and was headed to Louisiana. I know anything is an upgrade from there but my airport is almost literally on the beach of the south east coast! :D

Now that I'm not heading there anymore, Louisiana sux horse balls!!
Where are you going to now?

TOWER_BOY1

Jun 10, 2009
brooklyn NY
lol...murder city.....now thats funny....hope you make it retirement....

1984warrior

Rookie
Jan 24, 2009
Minnesota
Detroit itself could be hit and miss, but if you are at the metro that is way on the west side of the city. I lived near Ann Arbor for almost two years and it is really nice. You could live in Ann Arbor and make it to the metro in 20-30 mins max. Just avoid Ypsilanti. =)

STLATCER

Aug 13, 2009

Yes I was set to go to T75 but then she offered me the STL Tower at Lambert, I of course accepted. So, No I did not take your slot.... Yet... HAHAHAHA

psachs

Jan 8, 2009
Chicago
I got the email too ... TOL was for ARR in the Chicago suburbs, they asked me if I would go to Lafayette, Indiana instead. That's 2.5 hours away and I can't move so mulling my options. Ugh. Now trying to forget about it all so I can enjoy the holiday weekend.