Chewing tobacco

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
Son of a bitch...

I get enough of that ridiculously disgusting habit at the body shop I work at, full of a bunch of dirty, grimy guys. You mean to tell me I have to watch people spit into a cup in the fairly professional, definitely important, environment of ATC?? FML...

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Son of a bitch...

I get enough of that ridiculously disgusting habit at the body shop I work at, full of a bunch of dirty, grimy guys. You mean to tell me I have to watch people spit into a cup in the fairly professional, definitely important, environment of ATC?? FML...

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
I switched from dip to Swedish snus (not the fake American crap). No spitting, most people can't even notice I have one in.

scope dope

the worst cpc you know
Feb 20, 2009
I'm surprised it isn't banned but to each their own I suppose. Though I'm not a fan of it either. Hell you have to walk 3/4 of a mile just to smoke a cig.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
Sometimes management might have a problem with it, if that's your concern, be a man an learn to gut it. Or start putting it between your toes. Kids in high school used to do that. Supposedly has the same effect and you don't have to worry about mouth cancer.

Genot

Trusted Contributor
Feb 7, 2010
A Dark Dark Room
I work with a guy who does. Definitely legal though local management may not approve and give their own interpretation. If you do and are worried about it being a problem, let me impart some wisdom. I smoke, but take dip (before snus was widely available) on long flights. A Finnish guy living in London I met was freaking out that I had any form of oral tobacco, I shared mine and he shared how they use it back home. They use it via syringe for dosing minus the needle and place it in the upper lip. Nobody knows its there and you don't have to spit. I've used all of 5 cans of dip since (clearly no expert) and I can eat a full meal with it in with zero problems.

I don't use the syringe because I seldom dip, the important thing is you don't have salivary glands in your upper mouth. No sickening tobacco juice. Works VERY well.

jwvusn

Nov 1, 2011
norfolk,va
Genot:201590 said:
I work with a guy who does. Definitely legal though local management may not approve and give their own interpretation. If you do and are worried about it being a problem, let me impart some wisdom. I smoke, but take dip (before snus was widely available) on long flights. A Finnish guy living in London I met was freaking out that I had any form of oral tobacco, I shared mine and he shared how they use it back home. They use it via syringe for dosing minus the needle and place it in the upper lip. Nobody knows its there and you don't have to spit. I've used all of 5 cans of dip since (clearly no expert) and I can eat a full meal with it in with zero problems.

I don't use the syringe because I seldom dip, the important thing is you don't have salivary glands in your upper mouth. No sickening tobacco juice. Works VERY well.
what do I need to google to find out what you are talking about?

Radium

Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
Or u soak a tampon in it and put it up ur butt

*edit: "or so I'm told"

killswitch

Tin Pusher
Sep 12, 2008
Ohio
As a non user, I personally enjoy watching the few that do dip on position mistaking their spit cup for their drink!

Jed

Rookie
Feb 21, 2010

I have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Guess I'm not the only one either. Anyway, I quit dipping after about 10 years of doing it, one of the most difficult things I've ever done was quitting. Dipping on position was glorious, although super unprofessional.