Chicago Center - ZAU

colandoj

Jun 2, 2014
It’s been a while since this thread has had a post. I thought I would throw a question out. So I’m heading to the academy on May 30th. I live in Illinois. My question is, how popular is Chicago center when it comes to picking phase? I would definitely like to stay in Illinois if at all possible. Another question, how is it getting checked out there as well. I know this is all after the academy, but I guess it can’t hurt to be prepared. Thank you.

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
It’s been a while since this thread has had a post. I thought I would throw a question out. So I’m heading to the academy on May 30th. I live in Illinois. My question is, how popular is Chicago center when it comes to picking phase? I would definitely like to stay in Illinois if at all possible. Another question, how is it getting checked out there as well. I know this is all after the academy, but I guess it can’t hurt to be prepared. Thank you.
It really depends on where everyone is from in your class, but it’s usually a pretty desirable location. Training time changes but the delay right now to start d school is about 2-3 months after getting here. And cpc time is at an average of 26 month from start date, a couple areas a little longer. Overall the area is great, the people at the center are great as well and training department is doing their best. The atm here is really great at communicating with everyone and letting you know the expectations as well as what’s to come and trying to cut out delays as much as possible.

novemberzulu75

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2015
You literally can't washout from ZAU. We have people training 5+ years and if you happen to wash out of one area, they will literally just stick you into another area. I was checked out in 21 months and that was with a 5 month delay to both the D-side/Radar lab.

kkolberga

May 23, 2012
You literally can't washout from ZAU. We have people training 5+ years and if you happen to wash out of one area, they will literally just stick you into another area. I was checked out in 21 months and that was with a 5 month delay to both the D-side/Radar lab.
Yep I didn’t wanna be the one to mention this but true. I think the only way you wash out is if you literally just don’t wanna do it at all and hate it or your just completely dumb but then idk how you would have gotten there in the first place?