Chicago PEPC

What day are you going?

• Total voters

Chiqweetz

Dec 5, 2008
Texas
Looks like we'll be in the same group. I am going on the 25th at 10AM as well. I'll most likely be the only 6ft tall chick in the group. LOL

gourgi18

Rookie
Jun 24, 2008
on the 24th but haven't received my time yet. Anyone know the best place to stay within walking distance?

RMV

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
If you have not got your time yet I would call. I had not got mine and when I called they had "misplaced" my emails and wanted to know if I was still interested in the offer. They then had to call the PEPC coordinator in Chicago to see if they could still fit me in. I would try to get them on the phone today!! I will be there the 26th 12:00.

gourgi18

Rookie
Jun 24, 2008
If you have not got your time yet I would call. I had not got mine and when I called they had "misplaced" my emails and wanted to know if I was still interested in the offer. They then had to call the PEPC coordinator in Chicago to see if they could still fit me in. I would try to get them on the phone today!! I will be there the 26th 12:00.
You're probably right. I will call them tomorrow. My whole experience has been a slip through the cracks event.

mclute20

Rookie
Sep 25, 2008
I will be there thursday the 26th, at 8.

Was originally set up for NYC but had some hr issues with 2 people signing me up for 2 pepcs, then one just canceling. Even though this works out better for me I would have liked to get it all done with last month. oh well.

So to avoid any more surprises.... Has anyone gotten their e-qip email to get in and fill out your life history before the pepc? I know its a little early but figured I would throw it out there.

FinalApproach

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
Midwest
Chicago PEPC Hotels

For the people going to the Chicago PEPC, what hotel are you staying at? I would not mind having a hotel to chill with other people and of course, close to our destination. I will be at some hotel on the night of the 25th.

RMV

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
Re: Chicago PEPC Hotels

I will be there the night of the 25th as well. I have not even looked for hotels yet though. I am always up for hanging out the night before though let me know if you find any good deals!!

MusicMan81

Rookie
Mar 4, 2009
OKC

Hey Guys/Gals,
I found a reasonably cheap rate at the Howard Johnson in Elk Grove Village. According to Mapquest, it's about 5 miles or 8 minutes away from the Des Plaines PEPC location. I booked it through Hotels.com for $46.00 plus around a $7.00 surcharge. I'm staying their the night of March 24th as my interview is 10:00 AM March 25th. The reviews of the hotel were pretty good, as it was rated a 4.1 of 5 stars. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Raydon

Happy Camper
Aug 18, 2008
OKC

On priceline (name your own price)

I got $70 + tax (80.33) for the Rosemont Hyatt which is just around the corner and within walking distance (at least it looks that way from google earth) from our PEPC location.

anyone going to be arriving in Chicago on the 24th? Looking to split cab fair.

MusicMan81

Rookie
Mar 4, 2009
OKC

On priceline (name your own price)

I got $70 + tax (80.33) for the Rosemont Hyatt which is just around the corner and within walking distance (at least it looks that way from google earth) from our PEPC location.

anyone going to be arriving in Chicago on the 24th? Looking to split cab fair.
That's a great price! I just checked on Hotels.com and they want around $140.00 per night. What time do you arrive in Chicago on the 24th ? I'm due in at 2:10 I believe. I was planning on messing around in Chicago for a bit and then heading to my hotel.

RMV

Rookie
Jan 30, 2009
Got my invite to e-Qip today about noon! Anyone get into filling it out yet?? I am at work and will not get in till tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:

mclute20

Rookie
Sep 25, 2008
i got mine today too, just started filling some of it out while watching the cavs game.

The good thing about waiting is that I already got to research and find most of my stuff in the past so it shouldnt be to bad.

MusicMan81

Rookie
Mar 4, 2009
OKC
Got my invite to e-Qip today about noon! Anyone get into filling it out yet?? I am at work and will not get in till tonight!
I got mine Friday and starting filling it out about as soon as I got it. I'm only about halfway done with it at this point, but will finish it up most likely today. I'm sure glad this can be done before going to the PEPC.

FinalApproach

Rookie
Jun 17, 2008
Midwest
e-QIP for Chicago PEPC

I am just wondering how many people heading to the Chicago PEPC have received an invite to fill out their e-QIP. Reason I am asking is I have had trouble sending in my OF-306 and other paperwork. I emailed it and got no response. So I continued to send this to another email address. I am just checking to see if I am the only one. Thanks.