Chicago TRACON - C90

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
Anybody out there have an application in for the continuous c90 bid? Looks like referral lists just populated and was curious how many people have paperwork in. I know they're mainly looking for atc8+ but hey, a low level up down guy can dream, right?

thirtythree

May 24, 2011
mine updated to "referred" too. fully expect to hear nothing and be stuck where I am for the foreseeable future

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
Considering it looks like you created an account solely to post that, might I ask what Intel you have? Pm me if you want... did you apply? Are they still only pulling from 8s and above?

Zeppelinpilot

Rookie
May 20, 2009
Hey, level 10 ARTCC here and looking to get into C90. I understand there is a pre-assessment and things to do to get there. But, I'm curious how tough it actually is for Center controllers to make the transition. Any info on success rates of someone like me and any other info would be appreciated.
Hi, I transferred from ZBW to N90. I took just under 2 years to check out in the LGA sector. The transition was very difficult, but incredibly fun. What was 15 miles on your scope before is 4 now. It takes a long time to train your brain! The equipment is different obviously, but that was a learning curve in and of itself. Just do it. You'll have fun.

mknatr1386

Rookie
Dec 2, 2009
Anybody out there have an application in for the continuous c90 bid? Looks like referral lists just populated and was curious how many people have paperwork in. I know they're mainly looking for atc8+ but hey, a low level up down guy can dream, right?
Ya I put in for it and am waiting for word back. Hopefukly hear something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morajor13

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2015
Wondering if anybody at C90 has some newcomer study materials that they would be willing to email me?

aldo

Newcomer
Mar 29, 2010
Hi, I transferred from ZBW to N90. I took just under 2 years to check out in the LGA sector. The transition was very difficult, but incredibly fun. What was 15 miles on your scope before is 4 now. It takes a long time to train your brain! The equipment is different obviously, but that was a learning curve in and of itself. Just do it. You'll have fun.
Congrats! How high is the washout rate at N90?

mknatr1386

Rookie
Dec 2, 2009
Still no word from anyone yet? Figured someone would have heard back by now.

RedBikeGuy

Newcomer
Oct 8, 2016
New here. Who mostly goes to tracons? Just CPC's that want to go there? Can academy grads or developmentals go there? Thanks.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
New here. Who mostly goes to tracons? Just CPC's that want to go there? Can academy grads or developmentals go there? Thanks.
the only new hires who can go to a level 10+ terminal facility is prior experienced people. Aka prior military controllers, DoD controllers etc

blipe7

Oct 23, 2012
Putting in ERR from a level 8 up/down would like training material. Visited once already and planning on visiting again in January.

rocketappliance

Jun 4, 2015
Putting in ERR from a level 8 up/down would like training material. Visited once already and planning on visiting again in January.
Check out loa.faa.gov on a FAA network computer. You'll be able to download SOPs, LOAs, Training Order, etc.

According the 4th qtr NCEPT meeting minutes, ERRs to N90 and C90 wouldn't be considered at future NCEPT panels. Looks like the only way to apply for those facilities is via the bid on USAJobs.gov.