Chicago TRACON - C90

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
Check out loa.faa.gov on a FAA network computer. You'll be able to download SOPs, LOAs, Training Order, etc.

According the 4th qtr NCEPT meeting minutes, ERRs to N90 and C90 wouldn't be considered at future NCEPT panels. Looks like the only way to apply for those facilities is via the bid on USAJobs.gov.
I had a reply typed out, and then saw yours was basically the exact same thing I wrote on both points.

So yes, blipe7, do this.
loa.faa.gov
USAJobs for the job announcement for N90/C90.

Once you get selected and have a TOL, you can call the facility training department and they'll probably send you a CD with the relevant materials. Shows initiative, they'll like that.

seanz

Newcomer
Sep 10, 2010
I'm looking to bid one of the big tracons, either New York or Chicago while these great offers are available. I have a few questions for any one that is a current or former employee at Chicago tracon. How is current morale, where do most controllers live, are you working 6 day work weeks, how is the operation setup as far as positions etc and how many center controllers do you get that are successful? I have military and center experience for reference. I don't mind a challenge but would be great to get some info from
people on the inside.

atcnct2001

Newcomer
Dec 30, 2009
I just bid C90 from NCT and I was wondering how long it takes to find out if you are selected. I also wanted to know approximately how long training takes and if you can get study materials ahead of time. Thanks

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I just bid C90 from NCT and I was wondering how long it takes to find out if you are selected. I also wanted to know approximately how long training takes and if you can get study materials ahead of time. Thanks
On an FAA computer go to loa.faa.gov
Most of what you're looking for should be there materials-wise.

BogiDama

Newcomer
Aug 20, 2016
I recently put in an ERR to C90. Curious as to the chances of a Developmental from a Lvl 11 center getting the transfer.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
I recently put in an ERR to C90. Curious as to the chances of a Developmental from a Lvl 11 center getting the transfer.
Developmentals get looked at last during NCEPT after everything else is complete. But if your center is still able to release people, and C90 hasn't exhausted their list of selections prior to you, then you should get a chance to go.

BogiDama

Newcomer
Aug 20, 2016
I, also, sent in an ERR to ZAU. Chicago is home for me, and I miss my family dearly. So, I'm trying to broaden my chances of getting home. I understand C90 is rather difficult, but I'm willing to try my hardest to be useful and CPC.
I don't want to divulge into which facility I'm currently at only in fear of being washed out just for wanting to get home.

odotsal

Rookie
Jan 28, 2015
Okay, not that it matters online, but I can respect your desire to return home and not wanting to share your current facility. Both C90 and ZAU desperately need people. I have no en route experience so nothing to share. C90 is extremely difficulty but doable, and the traffic is really fun to work once you’re checked out. Nothing like running minimum spacing (2.5 nm, or less with visuals) into O’hare!