CIL August 2016 Bid

RaiderMudder

Rookie
Jan 6, 2017
Texas
Nice! I would just be happy if medical would reach out to me. Already been more than 2 weeks since my CIL so hopefully sometime soon!
I feel ya, I'm 3 weeks into waiting to hear anything from medical to schedule an appointment. I've turned in all my security paperwork and taken my MMPI-2. Back to waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManCave

Newcomer
Oct 17, 2012
FYI: It was 60-some days after CIL before I got called by medical for the preliminary questions. In Great Lakes region.

AirNaji

Nov 4, 2016
I emailed my HR contact this morning inquiring about timelines for CIL. He basically advised me that it would take several weeks possibly. He stated that he reached his weekly limit for CILs "first thing Monday morning," so I know that there is a 99% chance that my CIL will come on a Monday only.. so now I'll only look at this thread once a week so that I don't drive myself crazy LOL!

phrenetik

Nov 7, 2016
FYI do not give medical your google voice number. mine has been my main number for the past 5 years so I naturally gave it to them.

The next 3 evenings I received 1 call each night from an unknown number at 5-6pm CST. The kicker here is my phone never rang, and the 3rd day I watched my phone from 4:45 till 5:50 and literally saw the missed call notifcation show up from the unknown caller, yet my phone never truly received the call.

I called+emailed and gave them my actual current company cell number and have never gotten another call since then...I'm hoping they eventually call my other number.

phrenetik

Nov 7, 2016
I emailed my HR contact this morning inquiring about timelines for CIL. He basically advised me that it would take several weeks possibly. He stated that he reached his weekly limit for CILs "first thing Monday morning," so I know that there is a 99% chance that my CIL will come on a Monday only.. so now I'll only look at this thread once a week so that I don't drive myself crazy LOL!
I got mine on a tuesday evening.

fhptoatc

Nov 2, 2016
Someone please answer this guy's question. I'm wondering the same thing myself.
There is no official method. Security POC could send you a courtesy Email stating you were conditionally cleared and same with medical. However, most often, you'll find out by chance when you call to follow up.

Asnarski

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, TX
I still haven't heard from aerospace medical yet a couple people I know have gotten medically cleared with receiving a TOL and CIL after me. So frustrating...
I feel for you on that. I have all my other CIL tasks complete and I have heard nothing at all from medical yet. I know that they were the ones that were super backlogged, but it sucks when that's the only item left on the checklist

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
I feel for you on that. I have all my other CIL tasks complete and I have heard nothing at all from medical yet. I know that they were the ones that were super backlogged, but it sucks when that's the only item left on the checklist
Prepare to wait at least a month after your appointment for them to clear you as well.

RaiderCannack

Newcomer
May 24, 2017
Western Pacific region here, just hit week 8 since completing my physical exam and drug test. Medical POC told me last week my file is still in the queue for review with the flight surgeon, and to not contact them again for at least 30 days. Anyone else in this region have any luck lately? Just gotta be patient I guess.

TOL 2/24
CIL 3/1
e-QIP completed on 3/3
MMPI-2 taken and finger prints sent on 3/5
Medical call & passed MMPI-2 notification on 3/16
Drug Test 3/28, Physical 3/29

cgaub

Jan 23, 2017
Indiana
different region, same bs answer. My file was "put on the flight surgeon's desk" in great lakes region. Different question, same answer, ask for approximate timeline, same answer, see if there is anything else I need to do or anything I can do to speed things up, same answer. I get it, its on the desk, will it ever be signed? Idk, but guess what, its on the desk... yay.

Western Pacific region here, just hit week 8 since completing my physical exam and drug test. Medical POC told me last week my file is still in the queue for review with the flight surgeon, and to not contact them again for at least 30 days. Anyone else in this region have any luck lately? Just gotta be patient I guess.

TOL 2/24
CIL 3/1
e-QIP completed on 3/3

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸

TOL 2/24
CIL 3/1
e-QIP completed on 3/3
Yeah, it's a very slow process infortunetly. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can to push everyone through. When you least expect it, you will be cleared.

berniebiz

Rookie
Jan 4, 2017
Yeah, it's a very slow process infortunetly. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can to push everyone through. When you least expect it, you will be cleared.
That's easy to say when it only took you 6 weeks to clear, even with a problem. I'm sitting at 9 weeks and still nothing. I will be jobless in a couple of weeks for no real reason. I couldn't start the CIL until I was 4 months from separating from the AF. Pretty lame.

mxer683

Newcomer
Nov 1, 2016
Man, this wait is brutal. I feel like there are more people with CILs on this thread than people waiting for CILs. 3/1 OTS Terminal TOL here. Plus I haven't seen many people reporting that KG has been sending any out. I really wish they would just send me an email saying when I will receive the CIL. Or even a range of dates I could receive it. Or even something something more general, like you will be waiting months, not weeks. I'm happy for all of you CIL'ers but when is it my turn to complain about medical taking a long time?! Hah
Im in the same boat, Pool 2 OTS Enroute with KG as my rep. Called a couple of weeks ago, she answered the phone within a couple of rings and told me to just keep waiting haha.

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro

TOL 2/24
CIL 3/1
e-QIP completed on 3/3
Oh well. I was hoping it wouldn't take more than a month. I'm also Western Pacific and finished my exam on 05/01. We'll, at least I'm still gainfully employed... Maybe I'll take one last long nonrev trip somewhere crazy in the middle of nowhere or something.