CIL August 2016 Bid

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
That's easy to say when it only took you 6 weeks to clear, even with a problem. I'm sitting at 9 weeks and still nothing. I will be jobless in a couple of weeks for no real reason. I couldn't start the CIL until I was 4 months from separating from the AF. Pretty lame.
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating knowing it's not chronological. I hope you get called soon.

Chris511z

Rookie
Aug 31, 2016
2/24 TOL
5/8 CIL
5/10 mmpi-2
5/15 security
5/24 physical
5/24 drug test

Now I sit and wait for a class date/FOL. Western Pacific region as well.

Amras3

Rookie
Jan 13, 2017
Congrats. Got the same this morn.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Hoping for the same class. Missed my call to setup a class date this morning and got voicemail when I tried to call back. Anxiously waiting for a call back again.

5 weeks after completing all the requirements.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Chiups

Rookie
Oct 9, 2009
Miami
Hoping for the same class. Missed my call to setup a class date this morning and got voicemail when I tried to call back. Anxiously waiting for a call back again.

5 weeks after completing all the requirements.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Got my class date by email.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Asnarski

Feb 16, 2013
Dallas, TX
god damn I got my cil 4/17 and still haven't gotten a call from medical
I also received my CIL on 5/8 and no response from medical yet. Based on what some people are posting, it sounds like I might not get a call from them for up to a month after I send the initial email template they give you. Then of course, once you go complete your physical and drug test, could be a significant period of time again before the flight surgeon clears you. So who really knows. Some people are still getting through this stuff really fast, and some people are being delayed a few months. Hopefully I'm somewhere in between all that.

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
Finally got a call from medical this morning. Unfortunately the doctor close to me is out on vacation all next week so I have to wait until the week after. Got my CIL on 5/1 southern region.

DKT523

Nov 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
could be longer than a month, next monday is week 6 for me and Im in the southern region as well.

and today is week 3 since I left a message with the AME number, no call back. And I've forwarded the email twice since initially sending it on 4/17

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
call the number, I waited 14 days then called the number and left a message with the same info the email had. Voicemail said they would call back in 7-10 days and they did.

DKT523

Nov 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
call the number, I waited 14 days then called the number and left a message with the same info the email had. Voicemail said they would call back in 7-10 days and they did.

should i call again? lol also it says a minimum of 7-10 days

edit: called again.

so AME calls and they give you the number to the flight surgeon in your area, right? My concern is, i move to philly at the end of june and am hoping that doesn't push me back much further. like, I don't want to be on someones list for charlotte, and then move, and get put at the bottom of someones list in philly.

Freelance

Newcomer
Jun 6, 2012
Received medical clearance today, already had drug and security. So hopefully I get the HR call soon.

TOL 2/14
CIL 2/21
Physical and Drug 4/3

SouthWest

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
Received medical clearance today, already had drug and security. So hopefully I get the HR call soon.

TOL 2/14
CIL 2/21
Physical and Drug 4/3

SouthWest

Congrats! I guess I'll give it until July before I follow-up with medical if I'm not cleared before then.

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
should i call again? lol also it says a minimum of 7-10 days

edit: called again.

so AME calls and they give you the number to the flight surgeon in your area, right? My concern is, i move to philly at the end of june and am hoping that doesn't push me back much further. like, I don't want to be on someones list for charlotte, and then move, and get put at the bottom of someones list in philly.
I would what could it hurt. They should give you the number for the AME near you and tell you what to schedule. Then you email them back your scheduled time. The AME said they should email me back some forms sometime before my scheduled appointment.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

DKT523

Nov 1, 2016
Charlotte, NC
medical is scheduled! There was nothing in the email about a drug screening though. the medical office just told me i should go to an urgent care and get the test done but that doesn't sound right.

Chris511z

Rookie
Aug 31, 2016
You will get an email with drug test instructions after you send the email to aerospace medicine letting them know the info on your scheduled physical appointment.

minidude0

Newcomer
Dec 31, 2013
Contacted my medical POC the other day, I have to do a tier 2 medical (took MMPI almost 2 months ago). Someone will reach out to me but expect it to take 2-4 months.