CIL August 2016 Bid

Brave29

Jan 6, 2017
You will get an email with drug test instructions after you send the email to aerospace medicine letting them know the info on your scheduled physical appointment.
How long did it take for them to email you back after you sent your scheduled date to them?

Stokeslahoma

Newcomer
May 3, 2017
Received a class date of June 20th 2017 for enroute through an email from my HR rep. I didnt receive a Final offer letter yet. In the email I did receive, HR said they would be emailing a package with travel intructions 10-15 days before my class date. Would the FOL be included in that?

fhptoatc

Nov 2, 2016
Received a class date of June 20th 2017 for enroute through an email from my HR rep. I didnt receive a Final offer letter yet. In the email I did receive, HR said they would be emailing a package with travel intructions 10-15 days before my class date. Would the FOL be included in that?
FOL usually within a few hours of class date call/Email or the following business day. Entering on Duty (EOD) instructions within a few (3) days after that and then the academy welcome like you were told.

Jay_MDB

Rookie
Jul 12, 2016
When you say 6/20, do you mean 6/20 basics followed by En Route initial, or are you skipping basics and joining the En Route initial that starts on 6/20?

joe_mevengo

Rookie
Jan 5, 2017
DFW
Got a FOL from ATSS, and will continue with it, because nothing is for certain. However, my ATC application is only waiting for OPM to give the adjudication on the clearance, after that I should receive an FOL, if favorable. I hope the process with ATSS does not affect the ATC process. Is going to be interesting if I do start ATSS and then get an FOL for ATC. Both opportunities are way better than what I am currently doing, so that's a plus, but when it comes to making the decision in a situation like that, is rough.

brettp2004

Rookie
Jan 17, 2017
I just thought I’d share my timeline:

TOL Received 1/13/17
TOL Sent back 1/17/17
CIL Received 1/24/17
Equip Started 1/25/17
MMPI Requested 1/26/17
MMPI Conducted 2/2/17
Med Eval/ Drug Screen 2/9/17
Approved to switch to Terminal 2/23/17
Cond. Security Clearance 3/8/17
MMPI Cleared 3/9/17
Silence from 3/9 until 5/22!!! (I called once or twice to check on Med.Clearance status, I had to resend one form that was lost along the line)
Received call for Class Date 5/22/17
Still Haven’t Received FOL, but HR Rep said it would take a few days due to mycurrent employment.

I hope this helps someone. It was a LONG waitbut it eventually got worked out.

Purplelobj

Epic Member
Jan 29, 2014

TOL Received 1/13/17
TOL Sent back 1/17/17
CIL Received 1/24/17
Equip Started 1/25/17
MMPI Requested 1/26/17
MMPI Conducted 2/2/17
MMPI Cleared 3/9/17
Silence from 3/9 until 5/22!!! (I called once or twice to check on Med.Clearance status, I had to resend one form that was lost along the line)
Still Haven’t Received FOL, but HR Rep said it would take a few days due to mycurrent employment.

Even my timeline in 2008/2009 was longer than this. Four months is not a LONG wait.

Riverrunner88

Rookie
Jan 17, 2017

TOL Received 1/13/17
TOL Sent back 1/17/17
CIL Received 1/24/17
Equip Started 1/25/17
MMPI Requested 1/26/17
MMPI Conducted 2/2/17
MMPI Cleared 3/9/17

That entire process is barely longer then my CIL wait!

Chris511z

Rookie
Aug 31, 2016
For you that know you've been medically cleared, mmpi-2 cleared and cleared by security, how did you find out? Did you contact your HR rep? or your medical/security POC?

gkaple

Newcomer
Oct 2, 2012
3/7 TOL
3/8 Sent Docs Back
3/9 Recieved Confirmation
3/20 Inquired about CIL
3/21 Received an email stating: Unfortunately, we are only able to send out a certain amount of CIL’s a week due to the volume of applicants at once. I don’t have a timeline on when exactly you will receive it, but it will be a slow process because we are not able to send all of the CILs out at once.

Patiently waiting.

KG is my Rep
I have the same Rep. received my TOL the day before you, turned in my paperwork 3/8. Been waiting on a CIL ever since. I've called KG a few times and emailed once to follow up and have received no response. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt20

Newcomer
Mar 2, 2017
AZ
I have the same Rep. received my TOL the day before you, turned in my paperwork 3/8. Been waiting on a CIL ever since. I've called KG a few times and emailed once to follow up and have received no response. Where are you located?

I have KG as my rep as well. Received TOL 03/01, sent docs back 03/02. Emailed beginning of April about the CIL and got the same generic response as everyone else. You guys aren't alone!

DhruvK

Newcomer
Dec 31, 2010

Same timeline, same rep. I really hope this isn't a specific trend with KG...

gkaple

Newcomer
Oct 2, 2012
Same timeline, same rep. I really hope this isn't a specific trend with KG...
I am also hoping it isn't a trend with KG. Where are you located? I'm in Ohio. I wonder if location has anything to do with it?

Sierra Kilo

Dec 29, 2016
I am also hoping it isn't a trend with KG. Where are you located? I'm in Ohio. I wonder if location has anything to do with it?

I have KG and have been in contact with her a few times via email since I resent my documents. She explained to me more or less what you've heard on here from other applicants/reps. They can only give a limited amount of TOLs per week, and enroute/terminal are experiencing the same delays.