Climbing the Ladder?

Jax

Senior Analyst
Nov 17, 2010
N90-EWR
Depending on the facility, a major perk is some supervisors never having leave denied and more of a set schedule.

At my facility there's no such thing as spot leave, and even though I was stuck with crappy days off for a long time due to stuck low in seniority for a very long time, I never did, and never will consider bidding a sup's job, just so I could get leave, or better schedules.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
At my facility there's no such thing as spot leave, and even though I was stuck with crappy days off for a long time due to stuck low in seniority for a very long time, I never did, and never will consider bidding a sup's job, just so I could get leave, or better schedules.
And that's totally fine. Just be aware other people have different priorities and goals. If someone applies for management or staff jobs they're doing it because they think it's the right decision for them and I have no problems with it. Some terrible controllers stick to controlling just like some amazing controllers move on and make different career decisions.

SuperMario

Apr 10, 2012
You do realize that you're gonna have to get hired through this stupid lottery as an air traffic controller first right?