College Credit for Academy Training


I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
I am not sure how helpful this is for anyone, but it looks like you can get college credit hours for certain courses at MMAC.

Air traffic Basics (Terminal) (50043)
Air traffic Basics (En Route) (50143)
In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 10 semester hours in Aeronautical Science or Professional Pilot (6/01) (7/06).

Initial Terminal training (50046)
In the upper division baccalaureate degree category, 9 semester hours in Air traffic Control, Airways Management, or Aviation Administration (8/07).

Initial En Route training (50145) [This is probably an old document as we now take 50146 which includes URET]
n the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 12 semester hours in Airway Science or Aviation Science (7/06).

Terminal Radar Basic training
(Formerly Terminal Radar training [50034])
In the upper division baccalaureate degree category, 5 semester hours in Aeronautical Science (9/93) (8/99) (9/04).

To obtain an ACE transcript of FAA training courses recommended for college credit, you must join the ACE Transcript Service. (See option 1 below.) You also have the option of working directly with your school of choice. (See option 2 below.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The individual college or university makes the final determination concerning the transferability of educational credits for all courses. The amount of credit granted will depend on an institution's degree requirements and general policy on granting credit for college-level learning gained outside that institution.

OPTION 1: To join the ACE Transcript Service, YOU must complete the two-step process below to establish a new record with ACE and to add courses to an existing ACE record:

(1) Ask your regional Training Program Manager or the training representative (coordinator) in your line of business to send a certified (signed) copy of your FAA training history (directly from the TPM) to the American Council on Education (ACE) (by mail, fax, or e-mail attachment).

(2) REGISTER YOUR COMPLETED COURSES ONLINE (to start a new ACE record and to update an existing record). (Use the ACE online registration process.)

NOTE: ACE must have a certified FAA training history to process online entries, which are now required for a new registration AND for updates to existing records.

ACE Address:
American Council on Education (ACE)
ATTN: ACE Transcript Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 250
Washington, DC 20036-1193

You may also contact ACE as follows:
ACE on-line registration: (establish new records)
ACE on-line transcript service: (update existing records)
ACE web address:
ACE call center: (202) 939-9434 or (202) 939-9470. Toll free: 1-866-205-6267.
ACE e-mail address:
ACE fax: (202) 833-3005
ACE online National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training:

A one-time $40 registration fee (money order or credit card) is required. The $40 fee, which is subject to change, includes your first transcript. For an additional $15 (money order or credit card) per transcript, the ACE Transcript Service will send an official transcript to the college or university of your choice. (The final determination of credit conversion is the option of the individual university.) Order additional transcripts at ACE website:

NOTE: ACE requires payment by credit card or money order (no personal checks). For credit card charges (VISA, MasterCard, American Express), please include the full name of the account holder, account number, expiration date, billing address, amount to be charged, and signature of account holder.

OPTION 2: You may choose to work directly with the registrar of the school of choice instead of joining the ACE Transcript Service.

NOTE: OPTION 1, joining the ACE Transcript Service, is generally more effective because ACE sends a transcript in a format that is easy to use and familiar to registrars. In addition, if difficulty is encountered in any of the recommendations being accepted by a school, ACE will contact the school and attempt to work with the registrar on your behalf.