Combining PUBNATs

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
This may have been discussed in other threads, but I can seem to find it. So we know they combined P3 and P4 for the Jan panel. Has anyone who applied for both P3 and P4 received 2 offers? (I am sure the answer is no, but I have to ask) If not, does that mean that anyone who applied for both P3 and P4 basically got one app thrown away. I'm just curious if anyone has figured out how they are working it with the combination of the groups.

A

Ammolite

This may have been discussed in other threads, but I can seem to find it. So we know they combined P3 and P4 for the Jan panel. Has anyone who applied for both P3 and P4 received 2 offers? (I am sure the answer is no, but I have to ask) If not, does that mean that anyone who applied for both P3 and P4 basically got one app thrown away. I'm just curious if anyone has figured out how they are working it with the combination of the groups.
Elaine McCollum said that though people are combined for a panel, they are only genuinely being considered once. All applications are pooled.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Elaine McCollum said that though people are combined for a panel, they are only genuinely being considered once. All applications are pooled.
Well thats total BS. People are told time and time again to apply for every announcement so that if you dont make one, you have a chance with the next one. Talk about flushing that second chance down the toilet and there goes any hope in turning down a crappy offer for a better one next round. In fact why bother having 2 announcements. Why not just close PUBNAT3 than later open it again. :cuss:

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
you can only be considered for one state at one time.
That's not correct. You'll be considered for what you select in your geographic preferences. Doesn't mean you'll get it, of course, especially if there are better qualified candidates (i.e. VRA) going for the same place.

Well thats total BS. People are told time and time again to apply for every announcement so that if you dont make one, you have a chance with the next one. Talk about flushing that second chance down the toilet and there goes any hope in turning down a crappy offer for a better one next round. In fact why bother having 2 announcements. Why not just close PUBNAT3 than later open it again. :cuss:
Ammo means you're only considered once per panels. So yes, you should continue to apply to each announcement.

Niagra19

"Murphy"
Sep 22, 2008
Phoenix
Ammo means you're only considered once per panels. So yes, you should continue to apply to each announcement.
Thats my point. If you applied say for both 3 and 4 the goal was to double your chances. But really that second app isnt doing jack.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Thats my point. If you applied say for both 3 and 4 the goal was to double your chances. But really that second app isnt doing jack.
Sorta. The bigger reason for applying to both, at least back then when we didn't know they'd be combined, was to be in the next group up for consideration if we missed the first one.

But to get at what you're saying... while you'll only get one offer, I was told by one of the directors in OKC that they actually consider all four of your preferences if you're in both groups.