Comparison of BQ Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BravoQ

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
Hey all, I know a lot of you are still recovering from the past couple of days, but I hope this will help. A lot of us are wondering what it is the FAA is actually looking for from the BQ and I was thinking of doing a little comparison. Below is a link to a Google doc of the BQ. If you want to participate, please fill out the form exactly as you did on the application. If we get a good amount of people to fill it out, I'll post the results for everyone to take a look at.

I know a lot of you might not want to go through this again, but the more people that participate, the better. The results may help us understand what the FAA is getting at. Plus if will give us something to do while USAJobs is down this weekend. If you guys don't like the idea, I'll just take it down.

I made this while tired after work, so there will most definitely be some spelling errors, but let me know if you find any big issues.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OBeUZHocYeLGvZGTDpMr55kM2pGXpYWjYjp8dTO9pWI/viewform

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks kemikal12. I know people have been rude to you the last few days. You must see our frustration. For me, I've been applying to this job for 5 years on and off. EVERYTIME I have applied, they have changed their hiring practices. It's terribly annoying. They're messing with our lives here and it seems like a game that can't be won.

Na man, i went back and read some of post which were amazingly ignorant so its on me, but i did answer that questionaire for you to the best of my memory. And i agree, this process is retarded completely.

Dropyourpens

Apr 1, 2013
After taking it again, I have realized that I probably would have answered the BQ a bit differently if I had not spent two frustrating hours getting transcripts scanned and properly formatted immediately beforehand.
I made the huge mistake of taking it around people, I could focus fine but at one point a friend who didn't know what I was doing came up and was like number 3! Number 3! Pick number 3! After taking the test I realize there are a couple I would have answered differently. I didn't realize it was going to have so much weight and probably would have considered waiting until that evening

Aviator786

Rookie
May 23, 2012
Done. Doing that thing again just made me more angry. I can't see how you disqualify people based on those questions.

Me123

Rookie
Feb 28, 2014
KY
I answered your version of the BQ. I hope the data you collect is put to good use.

I firmly believe it's certain personalities that they're looking for (intj, entj). I don't believe it's over yet. They didn't even meet their quota. 2k hired out of 28k? That isn't even enough to train within the next 18 months... And that's IF we all get through resume checks and medicals (which we won't). If you ask me, we were all guinea pigs. I submitted my answers to the BQ at 3AM after working a very long shift, and I answered honestly. I passed. I don't think it's going to do any good at all to copy people's answers on this because they're probably going to change it next time since the results were definitely not what they were expecting. Don't take my word for Gospel. I have just read a lot of forums and comments. This is the conclusion I have come to. Call me crazy.

Bstahls

Newcomer
Feb 24, 2014
Nice job and thanks! I took it. Please post the results regardless of how many people take it!

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
They can't get your Jung-Briggs Typology off of this test. It's nothing like a typology test, as those are usually Yes/No questions.

Me123

Rookie
Feb 28, 2014
KY
They can't get your Jung-Briggs Typology off of this test. It's nothing like a typology test, as those are usually Yes/No questions.
That is seriously the only explanation I can come up with. From what I have seen, they have passed people ranging from military with tons of experience to people with no experience working in a burger joint. People that I know that have passed the BQ all have the same demeanor and temperament. Then again, maybe it's not meant to be explained, but I think the collection of questions on the BQ were completely intentional. I don't know. Just seems fishy.

M1k357

Newcomer
May 4, 2012
I took it, looking forawrd to seeing the outcome. Are they going to include this BQ on every announcement? ie VRA, thanks

BravoQ

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
Just an update guys. It seems a lot of people are genuinely interested in this. We're up to 90 responses so far. I'll keep it open until it looks like the responses stop coming in. So far we have responses from 11 Passes, 74 Fails, and 5 Not Reviewed.

I'd like to also remind everyone to answers exactly as you did on the application to keep it as accurate as possible.

deano

Mar 21, 2012
It would also be interesting to see how many BQ answers were identical with 1 or 2 differences in experience...

BravoQ

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
Unless OP already had this in mind and was going to do it himself, or unless someone with better stats software than I do (Excel, baby) wants to do it, I have some statistics background and could run some statistical analysis on the results. Which questions seemed to be the most heavily weighted, which particular responses seemed to be most strongly correlated with passing, etc. Need a lot more than 11 passes to get meaningful results though.
The questionnaire can be exported to excel. I'll make the results available to everyone after it's closed. I agree we would need a good amount of samples to draw any significant conclusions, but this should at least provide some comparison points if anything.

ar15is223

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
My bet is that that passing the BQ had little to do with any experience that occurred after high school and particularly how you did in math due to the spread of the backgrounds of the people that were selected . This might not have necessarily been the case if the test randomly picked people after some point in the scoring to ensue a wide range of applicants to validate their little experiment. Also I believe that the questions that ask about your personality were heavily weighted due to the fact that it seems like the education and applicable experience questions had no effect on who was selected. Also on a side I have a fair amount of experience in data analysis and would love to fool around with the data. Also I always thought it was illegal to ask questions about race on a job application, but I'm not 100% on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.