Comparison of BQ Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

klodabest

Newcomer
Feb 22, 2014
Here's a question. Now I know not everyone who applies is on this site. If these results have a great response and a lot of us know what to put on the BQ now, isn't that just defeating the purpose? In other words, if we all put what the FAA wants in the BQ, and are all eligible...then they obviously are going to have to pick random people to get the number down lower. They can't choose all of us. Chances sure do increase though

After looking through these once again, though, I already know to change a lot of the first few answers. Wow...eye opening

ar15is223

Newcomer
Feb 28, 2014
I get what your saying about how more people could pass the BQ. Another possibility is that they could go after a whole other type of person next time based on the BQ and then put them through the system to analyze the success of that group, because it could potentially be a couple years before they could know for sure it the BQ that just happened was truly effective or not. I could definitely see how it could be to their advantage to do something like that.

deano

Mar 21, 2012
I get what your saying about how more people could pass the BQ. Another possibility is that they could go after a whole other type of person next time based on the BQ and then put them through the system to analyze the success of that group, because it could potentially be a couple years before they could know for sure it the BQ that just happened was truly effective or not. I could definitely see how it could be to their advantage to do something like that.
true, but it would be simpler to include the BQ for reference until you figure out which group is ideal. After it was figured out, use BQ to target those group.

hanasanaide

Newcomer
Sep 25, 2009
Submitted. I can't help but be paranoid now though. I can see a few people at the FAA filling in bunk data to throw this off. Close this asap whenever you get enough selected participants.

Crof

Newcomer
Sep 3, 2010
submitted. thanks for putting your time into this. Can't guarantee validity of my answers either.

kemikal12

Feb 27, 2014
You should close up soon man before you stats get infected with somebody trying to mess it up!!

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
You should close up soon man before you stats get infected with somebody trying to mess it up!!
Its a forum based questionnaire (copied from the actual Questionnaire) without any background on individuals who actually took it, this is worthless......Good for shits and giggles... but worthless..

AK02

Apr 8, 2012
Its a forum based questionnaire (copied from the actual Questionnaire) without any background on individuals who actually took it, this is worthless......Good for shits and giggles... but worthless..
Agreed, pointless. Half the people that are doing it are saying they don't even know if they put the same answers. Your wasting your time, but hey that's your prerogative.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
which speaks to how invalid the test is.

if you're not putting the same answers on a different day with certainty.....then the way you answered the test and the way they graded it and eliminated you is dependent on the day you took the test and your mood at the time....and not necessarily your bad-atc-personality.

maybe if you had taken it on friday instead of wednesday, and i had taken it wednesday instead of thursday....i'd have a green check and you'd have red.

is that fair?
Not at all, i take these tests all the time, answer them the same...not saying the test is accurate but if your choice of answers changes based on your mood maybe you don't know your character that well? Dr Mario prescrbies Some soul searching :D

PS. it speaks how pointless this thread is... Can't answer about the BQ since time can only validate such things...

StuSEL

Aug 23, 2009
You know where.
I wouldn't worry too much about false responses. This isn't going in an academic journal. Whoever does the analysis can post the results, and then we can see based on the responses of those on this board who claimed to have pased the BioQ whether the analysis is consistent with their answers on the test. The fact that we're doing this on a weekend means the FAA is on vacation -- except the controllers, of course -- and I doubt anyone who works in HR wants to take the time to screw around on SM and watch us bitch about them on their days off.

e4rls

Newcomer
Feb 14, 2014
I just filled out your questionnaire (to the best of my memory how I answered originally). I will be curious to see your results. I know the FAA is just trying to trim down the number of applications they have to look over (who wants to wade through 10,000 applications for the same 100 or so jobs - just speculating here no actual facts!). but I am surprised that they are using the same bio assessment on all applicants. Supposedly this assessment is to identify the applicants most likely to successfully check out as an ATCS. Well I have already checked out as an ATCS and worked the job for 15 years! This does not give me priority above others who have not worked as an ATCS but it does seem strange that there assessment decided I was not a good personality for a job I did successfully for over 15 years. Good luck to everyone, if you are nervous or feeling over your head, just take a deep breathe and keep on keeping on! Perserverance and listening are the best tools in most jobs and that includes this one.

e4rls

Newcomer
Feb 14, 2014
After reading through the thread more thoroughly, I agree that it will be interesting to see your results. I also agree that we need more answers from those that "passed". Maybe someone more familiar with this site/process (this is my second posting) could post a request for responses on the thread labeled "if you passed the bio Q post here" and see if we can get at least a few more responses to tally into your results. Just an idea.

kelsey

Newcomer
Jan 25, 2012
ARLINGTON
Biographical Data (Biodata) Tests
This explains the use of Biographical Assesments in the Federal Government. They must have "predictive vailidty" = "In a predictive study, job applicants are tested and their performance evaluated at a later time, usually after being on the job for 6 months or more. The relation between performance on the assessment and on the job can then be examined."

atcer1

Newcomer
Sep 23, 2008
Great Idea to have the individuals that actually passed this thing fill out the questionnaire and then chart their answers to come up with a perfect answer sheet.

Portugal

Newcomer
Mar 1, 2014
The 60 question BQ was derived from questions posed to ATC's in the 90's who were 80+ percent male and white. By the FAA's own analysis in July 2012, they were unsure whether it was valid and the answers given by controllers 15 years ago are relevant to today's new generation.

Delta airlines just had an opening for 1,500 flight attendants. They had over 70,000 applicants yet they still reviewed each resume and made initial phone interviews to all. To say that the FAA needed the BQ to make things more manageable is a joke. They 13 out of 14 people based upon whether they're friends consider them a happy person or some other such nonsense. This is government at its worst.

Portugal

Newcomer
Mar 1, 2014
They eliminated 13 out of 14 applicants based upon whether they're friends considered them a happy person or they did or didn't participate in high school sports. It's a joke.

GS3k

Trusted Member
Oct 24, 2013
The 60 question BQ was derived from questions posed to ATC's in the 90's who were 80+ percent male and white. By the FAA's own analysis in July 2012, they were unsure whether it was valid and the answers given by controllers 15 years ago are relevant to today's new generation.

Delta airlines just had an opening for 1,500 flight attendants. They had over 70,000 applicants yet they still reviewed each resume and made initial phone interviews to all. To say that the FAA needed the BQ to make things more manageable is a joke. They 13 out of 14 people based upon whether they're friends consider them a happy person or some other such nonsense. This is government at its worst.
*Clears throat* "Who cares if they're all white obviously they're the most qualified."

Status
Not open for further replies.