Confirmation

Ampelus

Newcomer
Feb 8, 2014
I was speaking with a controller buddy of mine who isn't part of this process. He was under the impression, however, that I'd receive a "confirmation email" after applying.

I did the whole resume thing on USAJobs.gov, then when the bid posted I went through the questionnaire and answered it fully. USAJobs shows a status of "received" on my application list page. When I click on "more info" which takes me to the FAA portion of the site, it has a big green check that says "Thank you for applying. Your application for announcement FAA-AMC-14-ALLSRCE-33537 has been received. To get updates on the status of your application please check your USAJOBs account after the announcement closes."

Everything appears to be in order, but now he's got me freaking out! Did any of you receive a confirmation email, or simply what I described above?

Thanks!

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
I was speaking with a controller buddy of mine who isn't part of this process. He was under the impression, however, that I'd receive a "confirmation email" after applying.

I did the whole resume thing on USAJobs.gov, then when the bid posted I went through the questionnaire and answered it fully. USAJobs shows a status of "received" on my application list page. When I click on "more info" which takes me to the FAA portion of the site, it has a big green check that says "Thank you for applying. Your application for announcement FAA-AMC-14-ALLSRCE-33537 has been received. To get updates on the status of your application please check your USAJOBs account after the announcement closes."

Everything appears to be in order, but now he's got me freaking out! Did any of you receive a confirmation email, or simply what I described above?

Thanks!
I think you won't get an update until after the 21st of this month.

Ampelus

Newcomer
Feb 8, 2014
Excellent, I just wanted to be sure others didn't receive a confirmation email immediately upon completion. My friend had me worrying I had missed a step somewhere!

mgcb

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2011
Delaware
You are good. As long as that page has the green check and it says your app has been received, all is well.

Greatbonsai

Newcomer
Feb 9, 2014
You'll get an e-mail if you mark 'recieve e-mails about positions I have applied for' on usajobs. Not a 'confirmation' email for just submitting it, but anytime you institute a change or the application changes status.