Contract Tower ATC Openings Anywhere!!

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Apparently my comments were taken out of context. I did NOT have any information about any specific openings and for :p:p:p:p's sake about any firings. I should have known better than to try and be helpful and pass on a potential lead for the future.

Last edited:

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Its not here. I'm not sure where the tower is, it was a general rumor, nothing concrete.

===================================
And apparantly my comments were misconstrued, as some information got back to me.
I do not have any specific information. I heard a general rumor about some openings within the company. I had no specific information about the openings, and absolutely no information about firings. I should have known better than to post anything.

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
Figured I'd bump this thread instead of making a brand new one, and a question:

For separating military controllers, how far out should we wait from separation before we start applying to FCTs?

I go on terminal in November (projected), and have sent resumes and applied to several positions with RVA, Midwest, Serco and ITT and have had no bites. My date of availability was made clear on all of my applications, so I'm wondering: Am I not hearing back from them because I am too far away from being available, or maybe because my resume isn't strong enough?
In order to really get noticed, I recommend you establish phone contact with the area managers for each of the contractors. I'm former Air Force and have about 6 years of contract experience (Serco & Midwest).

Also, go get your Class 2 Medical Certificate, if don't already have one. Very important! The FAA medical standards for the military & civilian controllers are the same, but the documentation is different. It is imperative that they know you CURRENTLY hold that medical certificate. Although that on all the company websites they say "the ability to obtain a Class 2 medical certificate", trust me, they will like you a lot better if you already have it! This shows the company that you are CURRENTLY legally able to control in accordance with the FAA. Also, produce a copy of your most recent CTO card.

So, get your Class 2 Medical. It costs about $100 and you can find a AME (Airmen Medical Examiner) close to you easily, just google it. Make a .PDF copy of it. Then make a .PDF copy of your recent CTO. And just for the completeness aspect of it, make a .PDF copy for your resume <<<even though you already did the online resume, do it again anyways. Then call each of the contractors, and find out who is in charge of hiring. These people are usually referred to as "Air Traffic Area Managers". They are 1 step above ATM's (tower managers). Anyways, obtain the email address for these Area Managers, and email them and let them know your situation, and Attach your Class 2, CTO, and Resume.

This well definitely set you apart from the hundreds of applications in their automated system.

Good luck!

By the way, for Midwest ATC, Randy Walls in the guy you want to email.

dfiantii

Jun 8, 2009
Is anyone having problems with the SERCO job website as far as updating their resume or applying for places you applied to in the past but the system is rejecting it sayign they already have your resume on file?

dfiantii

Jun 8, 2009
I wonder if its because I am trying to upload from overseas. The system keeps giving me an unexpected error when I want to view previously submitted resumes or make updates.

rustyallen22

Newcomer
Jan 28, 2010
Dallas
dfiantii, your prolly overloading the network with that beast you call a laptop. If you can't get it working hit me up, I can give you the email addy's you need to send directly.

JasonP

Newcomer
Aug 4, 2011
Carmel, IN
I have been having trouble updating my resume with Serco as well. An error message keeps coming up saying they already have it on file

OGLOW

Newcomer
Feb 20, 2013
does anyone know of ANY openings, I am getting out of the army soon and will work ANYWHERE. I Have a few CTOs, 5+ years Tower experience, current flight physical,and a passport. any help would be greatly appreciated. already doing the shot gun method (keep shooting till i hit something), applied for everything i could find.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
US contractors may not be hiring for a while if a few things go as planned. If you're interested in overseas (UAE) check out GAL (global aerospace and logistics) they have most of the contracts over there and hire pretty frequent. Your hiring chances increase if you have ICAO experience and a military background