Contract Tower Job in Hawaii

Hold_West

Rookie
Mar 24, 2009
Opening in mid-September. Slow VFR tower. Pays $33/hr, four 10-hour days a week.

You need a control tower operator license, minimum of six months experience, and a current Class II medical.

PM me for the-down-and dirty.

EFC

Dec 24, 2008
On a Van by the Sea
I don't understand all the secrecy about this position. Anyway, I sent a PM requesting info and here is the rude response what I got:

Which tower are you talking about? How is the cost of living at this location? Is there any COLA? Does the employer provides any assistance in the re-location?

Thanks,

EFC

Relocation assistance? Sorry, you are dreaming with that one.

WARNING: this is a relatively isolated island, NO nightlife, NO chicks, ONE bar (though the other is supposed to reopen in Sept.

Upside: if you could get yourself in by the end of September, I could turn you on to a small three room apartment I am in, costs $250/mo, includes all utilities.

WARNING: high speed internet is tough to come by there.

I can get you a place to send a resume if you are seriously interested.

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
he is just being honest. he is not the employer you are going to work for, just a guy putting out some info. You should be thankful he even came on the site to throw out some useful info. Take it or leave it, he wont lose any sleep!

Hold_West

Rookie
Mar 24, 2009
Sorry if you mistake direct honest answers for rudeness.

I guess you would prefer:

-Company housing on the beach with maid service, no charge
-$20,000 relocation allowance
-4 hour work day, on staff masseuse

Except that would be bullshit.

And.... why should I spend a minute out of MY day telling you things you can find with a few seconds of research on the 'net? I am providing you a lead, not selling you something.

PM me your name so I can tell the guys who NOT to hire.

EFC

Dec 24, 2008
On a Van by the Sea
There are differences between honesty and sarcasm. Anyway, don't worry about me applying to work there, but just keep in mind that one day your resume might come across my desk.

ATC_MacGyver

MacGyver
Dec 19, 2008
with the bears.
There are differences between honesty and sarcasm. Anyway, don't worry about me applying to work there, but just keep in mind that one day your resume might come across my desk.
blah blah blah. cry on your own time. he gave you the information, he wasn't rude. he was blunt, he didnt beat around the bush. if that is what you want, apply to be a car salesman. they will tell you what you want to hear, and you will fit in just fine.

ATCMarine84

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2009
Home of the Packers!!
I am currently in the Marines, 1st term, 2 CTO's but I don't get out til next November. Is this a year rotation job or this just happens to be right place right time? I'd be interested.
Thanks in advance.

Hold_West

Rookie
Mar 24, 2009
I am currently in the Marines, 1st term, 2 CTO's but I don't get out til next November. Is this a year rotation job or this just happens to be right place right time? I'd be interested.
Thanks in advance.
The job's open in mid-September, and I think it will be filled immediately. Jobs are filled here and at the other towers handled by the company as they open, there's no rotation or set contract period.

PM me if you'd like an e-mail address to send a resume to for any potential openings after you get out of the Marines.

KHunter

Newcomer
Sep 1, 2009
Opening in mid-September. Slow VFR tower. Pays $33/hr, four 10-hour days a week.

You need a control tower operator license, minimum of six months experience, and a current Class II medical.

PM me for the-down-and dirty.
Who do you contact in regard to the position?

Hold_West

Rookie
Mar 24, 2009
The job's filled - by one of the forum members that replied early on... I'm out on the 13th and he's in! Good luck!