Contract Tower Locations and contact information

Retired1

Newcomer
May 10, 2011
Hello all, I am new to the forum. Is there a list of which company provides services in specific contract towers, i.e. who has the contracts for FL, NH, & MA towers?

williamjolin

Newcomer
Mar 24, 2010
I'm looking for any information on towers in Virginia but I can't seem to find anything. Anyone know of any?

vikesfan4life77

Newcomer
Feb 29, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I'm currently a controller in the Navy and due to get out in October after 15 years and looking to continue my career in ATC. I can request an early out if hired, so i'm looking for any assistance in finding a job.

atc59

Newcomer
Mar 23, 2012
I'm a current FAA controller looking at options after age 56.

What are the main differences in pay, benefits & working conditions between contractors?

whegner

Aug 24, 2009
Avg pay is around 65K when you add in night/Sunday differentials and in some cases (AK, HI) add in a COLA adjustment. Benefits vary between companies and is kept somewhat proprietary so don't expect anyone to give specifics on the boards, I'm with Midwest and I like our benefit package. Working conditions depend on your approach and attitude. Some places are in the middle of nowhere and others are in metro areas, some places are surprisingly busy and complex at times, others aren't. Most places are slow enough that all positions are combined and often times you are the show working solo. There aren't the layers of management as in the FAA although you are still responsible for keeping up on CBI's and all the other stuff that the FAA sends down the pipeline. Overall, most places are decent gigs.

AD50

Newcomer
Feb 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I retired from the FAA 3 years ago because of the layers of (mis) management. I love this job again. Its like it used to be in the mid 80s, at least the places I was at. You are held accountable. Do the job using good phraseology/procedures, and they will love you.

towerguy78

Rookie
Feb 2, 2012
AD50:199171 said:
I retired from the FAA 3 years ago because of the layers of (mis) management. I love this job again. Its like it used to be in the mid 80s, at least the places I was at. You are held accountable. Do the job using good phraseology/procedures, and they will love you.
Unfortunately the new folks won't appreciate the glory days of the FAA. So much has changed. I've turned down many FCT offers. Just haven't found the one. Maybe its because I Can't decide Where I want to live when I grow up. Half considered applying at the academy. Would love to teach. As far as FCT's go, would really look forward to doing pattern work again. Decisions .......

OGLOW

Newcomer
Feb 20, 2013
anyone know of any open positions anywhere, i am getting out of the army soon an will work anywhere. im executing the shot gun method an have applied to every where that i could find, any help would be very appreciated.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
You have got to be kidding. lol

Not trying to be pessimistic but there's about to be a couple hundred contract controllers on the street in a few weeks. I wouldn't plan on getting a contract job any time soon.

smitty16s

Trusted Member
Jan 23, 2009
anyone know of any open positions anywhere, i am getting out of the army soon an will work anywhere. im executing the shot gun method an have applied to every where that i could find, any help would be very appreciated.
Lol.......

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow

This has got to be a joke... or this guy is obviously living under a rock.

planetalkerkp

Jun 15, 2008
Alabama
Seriously, sequestration may result in a lot of closed contract towers. You will be hitting the job market at the wrong time.