Contract Tower Locations and contact information

btpeck83

Newcomer
Jan 18, 2014
I am looking for some advice. I have been in the Marine Corps for 11 years and am applying for the VSP which will allow me to end my current contract early. In my 11 years I have been deployed and been in the field and worked out of portable towers more than I have out of actual ATC facilities. I would like to continue controlling when/if I get out but dont know the first thing about applying for or really even looking for a job in the civilian sector. Anyone out there who could shed some light on where to look and what my first steps should be would be greatly appreciated. I am open to anything i.e. DOD, contract tower etc. I am specifically looking to stay in the Southern California area and understand that really pigeon holes me. Please! any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Make a profile and check usajobs for DOD spots. You just need to search the job code '2152' and then filter it to federal employee's. The big 3 contract companies are Serco, Midwest and RVA. I believe serco has most of the tower's in California, but I could be wrong on that. They typically want someone pretty fast, so don't apply until you're maybe a month out at most. Midwest also has some oversea's contracts that might float your boat as well.

Ram_Tough

Trusted Contributor
Jul 5, 2010
SERCO hos the contract for CA for FCT's. The ones on the other side of the mountains, Lancaster, Palmdale etc. seem to have a fairly high turnover and aren't terribly difficult to get into. What units were you with and when?

ColdAilment

May 26, 2012
Is there expected to be a lot of new hiring at contract towers this year now that the FAA is up and hiring again?

Also, does midwest ATC operate in the midwest? Judging by the name, they should, just want to be sure. They'll be my first choice if they are, as that's close to home.

ColdAilment

May 26, 2012
Is there contract tower information and lists posted anywhere on this site? Or some other site perhaps? Apparently the link in the opening post says you must have have "Member Subscription Benefit"...

walter_white

Senior Analyst
Feb 1, 2015
Apply to RVA online and send in a resume. I wasn't a fan of their application process as I didn't see an option to put work anywhere as an option. Make sure you follow up on your resume and application Too.

FoggyWindow

Trusted Contributor
Feb 18, 2011
Los Santos Intl Airport
One more wise crack about Army controllers and I'll alert the authorities.

I mean that shit too. I'll not have any softy Chair Force hippies with their long hair and loose women making light of the excellence that is Army ATC.

That goes for you Navy boat controllers and the Diet Navy (USMC) scrubs too.

Reactions: nhstadt

Buckeye01

Newcomer
Apr 8, 2015
Hello, I am currently in the Marine Corps and about to separate in June. I have my CTO from MCAS Yuma. I have a question about the contract job resumes. Does Midwest or any contract company want a Federal Resume? If so does anyone have an example of how to correctly construct a federal resume for ATC. I am trying to return to Ohio and would really like to continue Controlling in the civilian world. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Simple Jack

Rookie
Nov 7, 2013
Hello, I am currently in the Marine Corps and about to separate in June. I have my CTO from MCAS Yuma. I have a question about the contract job resumes. Does Midwest or any contract company want a Federal Resume? If so does anyone have an example of how to correctly construct a federal resume for ATC. I am trying to return to Ohio and would really like to continue Controlling in the civilian world. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Just build a regular civilian resume.. I added in some federal resume aspects that I liked, like including a supervisor and contact number for each position. ATC is a small world, my current manager and my last AF CCTLR were trainees together about a decade ago. If you want a federal resume through and through, use the USAjobs resume builder. You can just type it all in and it will spit one out for you that clearly lists everything. Not as pretty as your own civilian 2 page one, but it lists everything.

jamisjockey

Banned
Jan 10, 2010
Just build a regular civilian resume.. I added in some federal resume aspects that I liked, like including a supervisor and contact number for each position. ATC is a small world, my current manager and my last AF CCTLR were trainees together about a decade ago. If you want a federal resume through and through, use the USAjobs resume builder. You can just type it all in and it will spit one out for you that clearly lists everything. Not as pretty as your own civilian 2 page one, but it lists everything.
If he's only got the one tower, he won't need a 2 page resume' lol
MCAS Yuma is plenty of experience to get started in contract though.