CPC in training band increases

igeek

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008
Does anyone know how the new contract band increases and the half on the go will work?

I plan on transferring from a level 7 to an 11 this year 2011. I am checked out at my level 7 facility.

From my understanding in 2011 I will get half of the CPC band min added to my base pay. Then in 2012 I would go to the CPC band min for a level 11 and I would still get half on the go later on when I'm fully checked out?

Doug Church

Director of Communications
Sep 8, 2009
Washington, D.C.
www.natca.org
Re: CPC in training band increases?

For CPC-ITs, target pay will be set at the time of the transfer. Target pay is either bottom of the CPC band at the time of the transfer or 8% on transfer to a level 11 facility. Half of the difference between target pay and your current pay will be paid at the time of your transfer. The other half will be retained for payment upon full certification. If there is a January band increase during the course of your check out process, you will be moved to the bottom of the CPC band in accordance with the Mediation to Finality Panel's Interpretation. You will still receive your retained amount upon full certification.

-Doug Church
NATCA

igeek

Newcomer
Dec 1, 2008
Re: CPC in training band increases?

For CPC-ITs, target pay will be set at the time of the transfer. Target pay is either bottom of the CPC band at the time of the transfer or 8% on transfer to a level 11 facility. Half of the difference between target pay and your current pay will be paid at the time of your transfer. The other half will be retained for payment upon full certification. If there is a January band increase during the course of your check out process, you will be moved to the bottom of the CPC band in accordance with the Mediation to Finality Panel's Interpretation. You will still receive your retained amount upon full certification.

-Doug Church
NATCA
Is the retained amount added to your base or paid in a lump sum when you certify?