Credit Union

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
Do any controllers on here use a credit union that is specifically for controllers, FAA or govt employees? Looking for one with low interest loans for houses.

SayAgain3

Trusted Member
Feb 13, 2017
NATCA will usually have a SkyOne federal credit union member at each of their large events. As far as loan interest rates go, you're almost always better off shopping around and going with a direct lender.

wxdude

Jun 5, 2015
Depending on your facility there could also be a local credit union with service to FAA employees.

There is also the good ole USAA if your eligible.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
Do any controllers on here use a credit union that is specifically for controllers, FAA or govt employees? Looking for one with low interest loans for houses.
At the academy, someone comes in and talks about "TruSky" Credit union. It used to be called the FAA Employees credit union. You can join at the academy or thereafter as a FAA Employee, but I believe they only have branch locations in Oklahoma City. If you're looking for a credit union with good mortgage rates though, try PenFed.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
I use USAA for almost everything but got an account at a local credit union so I had a place to deposit cash. Just find a local one. It's the same thing.

DL0509

May 26, 2016
Not sure where you are located but when we were back in GA, the program that had the best rates at the time was one of the 100% home loan programs, I think it was with the USDA.