CTI AT Basics Test Still Pass/Pass?

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace
I have been hunting for an answer to this but didn't see anything posted recently that would provide an answer one way or the other. I heard a rumor that the AT Basics test at the Academy for CTI was going from Pass/Pass (research purposes only) to Pass/Fail and that if you failed you would have to study on your own time to pass before the PV for whatever respective class you were in (Tower/Tracon/En-route). Is there any truth to this? The posts on here about this seem to dispel the rumor but most of them were a year old so I was curious if this has changed or if they are still using the AT Basics test for CTI for "Research Purposes Only".

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
My terminal class was 5/25-7/18 and it was pass/pass. No one even asked what you got on it except other students. Just take it on a computer, submit, never talk about it again.

I never heard anything about that changing. Remember there are VRA that take it too so it's not just for CTI.

P_to_the_R

Ruler of the Movement Area
Nov 19, 2008
funkytown
Its Pass pass right now. If it were to go to Pass fail that really should not be a problem. If you cannot pass AT Basics written examination after you have spent time getting lectured and paid to study, then you should not be an air traffic controller.

deltabravo89

Senior Analyst
Mar 11, 2010
Its Pass pass right now. If it were to go to Pass fail that really should not be a problem. If you cannot pass AT Basics written examination after you have spent time getting lectured and paid to study, then you should not be an air traffic controller.
You are ignorant for saying that, really. Being out of class for 2 years, would make it pretty difficult to remember that information. But you are probably the shit, so that makes everyone else dumb.