CTI AT-SAT Date for New York

FreeFalling

Rookie
Apr 8, 2009
Long Island
Hi everyone,
I am currently a CTI student who is graduating this May. I filed my paperwork for the Spring AT-SAT on Long Island, NY.

There has been no word yet on when our test date is. We were told that it would be in April. I heard there was an issue with funding.

Does anyone know anymore information about this? Will it be an email?

Is anyone else waiting for the same test? Has any CTI gotten there test date for this spring?

Any information would be much appreciated...

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Just going to have to wait until you get the info either from email or your FAA contact. I do not seeing there being a funding issue due to the fact the FAA issues the tests. Tech you cannot take your At-SAT while in CTI, you must grad first then get your test date. This may be holding up your process if you have not gotten your letter of recommendation submitted yet from your school to the FAA. If they have issued the letter then your school is tech breaking the rule if you have not Grad already.

FreeFalling

Rookie
Apr 8, 2009
Long Island
We were all told that you can take the test 6 months or sooner before you graduate. Supposely they have been having tests in April and October for students who are about to graduate that semster.

I wasn't aware of any information about waiting to graduate. Is that information documented anywhere on the FAA website?

mtrhou

Newcomer
Jan 22, 2009
Just going to have to wait until you get the info either from email or your FAA contact. I do not seeing there being a funding issue due to the fact the FAA issues the tests. Tech you cannot take your At-SAT while in CTI, you must grad first then get your test date. This may be holding up your process if you have not gotten your letter of recommendation submitted yet from your school to the FAA. If they have issued the letter then your school is tech breaking the rule if you have not Grad already.
I took my ATSAT before graduating CTI. That is how my school (and many others) have been doing it for a while. so yes you can take the ATSAT before graduating...

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Yea you are all right, i confirmed that today. I was confused because the packet i got from the FAA stated something different and its clear they did not update that information they hand out to students. Figures.

Muneco

Senior Analyst
Jan 13, 2009
I think he meant you cannot apply to the CTI announcement untill after you graduate.

Davo

Trusted Contributor
Mar 14, 2009
I am not sure where you are getting your information but the AT-SAT is not given by the FAA. It is funded by the FAA but an outside company administers the test.

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
There has been no word yet on when our test date is. We were told that it would be in April. I heard there was an issue with funding.
I've heard there is a funding issue as well. If the FAA is having issues with funds to test CTI students, there's no telling how long it could take for the OTS guys who haven't taken the AT-SAT yet.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
I am not sure where you are getting your information but the AT-SAT is not given by the FAA. It is funded by the FAA but an outside company administers the test.
Well if it is funded by the FAA it is clear that it is "given" by the FAA cause if there is no funding like they are saying then there would be no test plus the FAA tells you where and when to take it and writes it. The only reason it is not given by them is to have no questions about the test and no conflict of interest.

My .02

MTCTIGUY

Trusted Contributor
Jun 19, 2008
The 'Boro
I don't see how there could be any kind of conflict of interest if the FAA gave the test. They do pilot/dispatcher/maintenance examinations all the time. I think the main reason that the AT-SAT is contracted is because it's cheaper than for them to do it themselves.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Yea i guess, seems like its not as cheap as they think, if there having so many problems with funding...Atsat only happens two times in NYC a year? What about Phila?

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
I am sech. for Monday the 18th, 745am. So glad i got into this test hopefully next Dec. there will be only a short time between school grad and OKC.

ATCtower

Epic Member
Oct 26, 2008
The AT-SAT is said to cost around $800/applicant to administer and is put on by Robinson Aviation based in OKC. The FAA fronts the costs of it but has outsourced it to Robinson for practical purposes.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Anyone else getting a room on that sunday night for the Monday test? If so anyone interested in getting some dinner and networking, you never know who you will come across in the the near future.

arg3b

Feb 16, 2009
Memphis, TN
Jeeze, it sure did take them long enough to get the AT-SAT going. The one for our area is next Monday and Tuesday...

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Took it today was not to bad, i really thought i was prepared well. It seems thou most people had issues on the At-scenarios part #3 (heard alot of crashes). Ill write a review tonight....