CTI-FAA Teleconference Thread

lookitsroadie

Trusted Member
May 30, 2012
www.last.fm
There you go implying military and smart in the same sentence again.
..And a better implication would be, what.. A CTI-grad (who may or may not) still be in debt (due to college-related loans) and (who may or may not) receive the job they went to college for, specifically?

Not to say anyone else has any better luck at getting hired on by WHO-THE-FCUK-EVER, but I at least have a little experience (thanks, United States Navy) and I have a bit of money in my banking accounts, with no worries of school-related debt in my foreseeable future (again, thanks United States Navy).

In the end, the only thing that truly matters in this life is that..

I win :)

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
..And a better implication would be, what.. A CTI-grad (who may or may not) still be in debt (due to college-related loans) and (who may or may not) receive the job they went to college for, specifically?

Not to say anyone else has any better luck at getting hired on by WHO-THE-FCUK-EVER, but I at least have a little experience (thanks, United States Navy) and I have a bit of money in my banking accounts, with no worries of school-related debt in my foreseeable future (again, thanks United States Navy).

Shhhhhhhhhh, im trying to troll a few guys on here.

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
To be honest, I'm happy this happened! I agree the with FAA's decision to revamp their hiring process. Its fair across the board. Also, to all you CTI students that feel like the FAA has wronged you in any way, hey a**hole, the FAA didn't promise you anything! Nobody held a gun to your head and told you to get a student loan! Also, thats what these CTI schools are IMO, college loan mills! How about you try joining the military and getting some REAL experience under your belt, and some discipline and a work ethic to go along with it. Then at least, you will be WORKING for your career, as opposed to trying to BUY it lol! If you are young enough to work for the FAA, you are young enough to join the armed forces. Just make sure youre out before you are 30 or so. Cheers!

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010

My dick is bigger than yours...so I win!

RVG86

Mar 19, 2012
To be honest, I'm happy this happened! I agree the with FAA's decision to revamp their hiring process. Its fair across the board. Also, to all you CTI students that feel like the FAA has wronged you in any way, hey a**hole, the FAA didn't promise you anything! Nobody held a gun to your head and told you to get a student loan! Also, thats what these CTI schools are IMO, college loan mills! How about you try joining the military and getting some REAL experience under your belt, and some discipline and a work ethic to go along with it. Then at least, you will be WORKING for your career, as opposed to trying to BUY it lol! If you are young enough to work for the FAA, you are young enough to join the armed forces. Just make sure youre out before you are 30 or so. Cheers!

^ REAL TALK ^^^^^^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
How about you try joining the military and getting some REAL experience under your belt, and some discipline and a work ethic to go along with it. Then at least, you will be WORKING for your career, as opposed to trying to BUY it lol! If you are young enough to work for the FAA, you are young enough to join the armed forces. Just make sure youre out before you are 30 or so. Cheers!
I forgot more about work ethic than a majority of you military jocks will ever know.. And guess what, I have a CTI degree. Your generalizations sound as reduculous as the grumblings' of some of the CTI kids right now.

Dec 23, 2013
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
Going military is not an option for everyone...believe me, if it wasn't for personal responsibilities phillyhandjob would have done it at 18! Generalizations and catch-all paragraphs do not apply to everyone, so don't call phillyhandjob an a**hole or talk down to him because he didn't serve. The hiring process should have been this way since the beginning of the CTI program. Everyone applies, just like any other job...

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
I forgot more about work ethic than a majority of you military jocks will ever know.. And guess what, I have a CTI degree. Your generalizations sound as reduculous as the grumblings' of some of the CTI kids right now.
Well, I'm the grumbler without a CTI degree with 12 years ATC experience under my belt. And of course, I was generalizing, I can't speak for all CTI students. However, I don't think I would be out of line, when saying that MOST feel like that have been cheated by the FAA or their school lol!

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
If you are young enough to work for the FAA, you are young enough to join the armed forces. Just make sure youre out before you are 30 or so. Cheers!
After diligently working on my abacus for the past 20 minutes, I've determined this statement makes no sense.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
Well, I'm the grumbler without a CTI degree with 12 years ATC experience under my belt. And of course, I was generalizing, I can't speak for all CTI students. However, I don't think I would be out of line, when saying that MOST feel like that have been cheated by the FAA or their school lol!

Yeah I know what you mean. Plenty of the CTI folk's are losing their minds right now.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
On the plus side though, at least in the AF, we could really benefit from some of ya'll joining for ATC. I'm so sick of these kids who were assigned ATC and don't even want to do it so they don't try or care. I think it's been 2 years since my facility got someone who wanted to do ATC (or even knew what it was beforehand)

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
How about you try joining the military and getting some REAL experience under your belt, and some discipline and a work ethic to go along with it. Then at least, you will be WORKING for your career, as opposed to trying to BUY it lol! If you are young enough to work for the FAA, you are young enough to join the armed forces.
I don't have anything against anyone who served, but yeah buddy your shit smells just like mine. Good on you for joining the military, but I enjoyed my college years just fine.

Logic = flawed.

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
After diligently working on my abacus for the past 20 minutes, I've determined this statement makes no sense.
How does it not make sense? The cutoff age to be hired by the FAA is 31. The cutoff age to enlist in the armed forces is higher. If one planned it accordingly, and enlisted for a term that would discharge them before age 30 max, that would give them time to apply. Getting out of the military at age 27 or 28 would be better. Tell me again, how does this not make sense?

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
I don't have anything against anyone who served, but yeah buddy your shit smells just like mine. Good on you for joining the military, but I enjoyed my college years just fine.

Logic = flawed.
How is my logic flawed? I'm glad you enjoyed your college years! Do you enjoy your ATC career as well????

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
How does it not make sense? The cutoff age to be hired by the FAA is 31. The cutoff age to enlist in the armed forces is higher. If one planned it accordingly, and enlisted for a term that would discharge them before age 30 max, that would give them time to apply. Getting out of the military at age 27 or 28 would be better. Tell me again, how does this not make sense?
If you want to do ATC at age 25-28. Military or CTI. Which makes more sense?