CTI-FAA Teleconference Thread

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
If you want to do ATC at age 25-28. Military or CTI. Which makes more sense?
You lost me. Please elaborate? Its possible to do military ATC at age 25-28. There is no such thing as "CTI ATC" no matter what age you are. CTI is a trade school, not an ATC Job.

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
You lost me. Please elaborate? Its possible to do military ATC at age 25-28. There is no such thing as "CTI ATC" no matter what age you are. CTI is a trade school, not an ATC Job.
Just reference phillyhandjob

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
Doesn't really work for anyone who is 25+, because it doesn't leave them enough time after their service to get hired. Some time, yes, but not enough.
Yes, its pushing it with time constraints, but its possible. Maybe not with the FAA with the age 31 cutoff, but they can still work for the "FEDS" by working DOD facilities, their hiring cutoff age is 36. Oh yeah, and contract towers don't have a age limit to be hired, you just have to be able to obtain a Class 2 Medical.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
AF ATC is min 6 year enlistment. I enlisted at 23, turned 24 in basic, and am getting out 2 weeks before turning 30. Any older than that is cutting it REALLY close.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
How is my logic flawed? I'm glad you enjoyed your college years! Do you enjoy your ATC career as well????
Right bro I forgot that if you want to be successful in this country, you absolutely, positively have to join the military. How silly of me to make an investment in a college degree with a reasonable expectation of a higher return than the money invested. We are render all college degree obsolete and all have now hail ballakc for him gargantuan penis.

kos398663

Newcomer
Jan 7, 2014
Chicago IL
Well this really a kick in the teeth. But now that I am a semester away,12 credits, from a CTI School, there is no reason to stop now. I guess there are a few good things that cold come out of this. The students who are only in this because of the money, will hopefully give up, thinning the heard. As for me I have to start somewhere, anywhere will do. No to be selfish but those that are planning on giving up, Thank You for stepping aside and eliminating some of the competition. Those of us who really want this career are thankful. I will and by what my fundamentals of radar teacher said last semester, "those who truly want to be controllers will get there chance," said by a former C90, MDW, and many other facilities controller.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
Right bro I forgot that if you want to be successful in this country, you absolutely, positively have to join the military. How silly of me to make an investment in a college degree with a reasonable expectation of a higher return than the money invested. We are render all college degree obsolete and all have now hail ballakc for him gargantuan penis.

C

charliezuluatc

The hot heads are those on here that butch and moan that they didn't get hired even though they are x y and z. The call hq when a rumor comes out. When a rumor comes in opposition of what they want or think they blast away. They threaten with letter writing campaigns or even lawsuits. Then there is the whole diversity bs. You should hire me because I am diverse.
You hardly ever see military people do that on here. They usually ask I am X out on my contract should I stay in or get out. They wait it out. You never see the military members on here do or say some if the stuff the kids say on here. They know how the system works. The hit heads in here want to bend or manipulate the system that best suits them.

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
I never said that. A College Degree in some cases can be a good investment, as long as its not a worthless degree. If somebody with a college degree is on a forum, bitching about how the FAA or their trade school wronged them, then I think the degree was worthless. Joining the military has its advantages, thats all I'm saying. It gives you real world ATC experience, and it doesn't cost 30 grand.

C

charliezuluatc

The key to being a successful controller is adaptability to the situation. Life and work are dynamic, always changing. Change happens, get used to it.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
The hot heads are those on here that butch and moan that they didn't get hired even though they are x y and z. The call hq when a rumor comes out. When a rumor comes in opposition of what they want or think they blast away. They threaten with letter writing campaigns or even lawsuits. Then there is the whole diversity bs. You should hire me because I am diverse.
You hardly ever see military people do that on here. They usually ask I am X out on my contract should I stay in or get out. They wait it out. You never see the military members on here do or say some if the stuff the kids say on here. They know how the system works. The hit heads in here want to bend or manipulate the system that best suits them.

I don't know if all of this is true now.... there is alot of whining about whining.... soooooo...

Example...NHS whined for 5 years lol... :D

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
How about we tone down the penis talk? This isn't the right forum for that.