CTI-FAA Teleconference Thread

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
Pfftt i hate these new hot heads with 129 posts coming onto the forum thinking they know everything and they're Gods gift to the forum community ...

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
No college degree guarantees employment, but there are some that seem to have less of an issue. Someone with an engineering or accounting degree will generally be more employable than someone with a degree in fine arts or english, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are better off. In fact, I argue it's more of an issue of networking, as well as things like net-worth.... I know kids with engineering degrees who owe like $150k in loans. I wouldn't trade with them. Though if you have, say, an MSEE, which is widely considered to be the most employable degree, you could owe a lot and be fine

Now, unless you're a liberal arts major who owes 6-figures. Then you're just screwed.

RVG86

Mar 19, 2012
If you're under 26 I don't see why you wouldn't join the armed forces to do ATC. You do realize they pay you to go through the school, give you real qualifications, and real on the job experience?

I'm sure you have plenty of reasons why you didn't serve you country, I will list a few I have heard along with my responses.....

"I don't wanna be away from my family" - Stop being a baby, the FAA especially now isn't going to hand you a job in your hometown. Get used to being away from mommy and daddy.

"They won't guarantee me an ATC job" - Neither will the FAA, or your CTI school, or your girlfriends cousins uncle who worked at ZDC back in 97.

"I'm married and have kids to take care of" - So do a lot of people in the military.

"The military is too stressful" - You have just confirmed you will never make it as an air traffic controller.

"College was way more fun" - Your priorities are obviously not in line with those of a real air traffic controller.

"I'm 29 years old. By the time my contract was up I would age out of the FAA" - Sorry you wasted your life, find a new career or join the military and retire. Or work contract towers. Or work DoD. Quite a few options open up once you have real life experience.

"I don't like people telling me what to do all the time" - Welcome to adult world. At any real job you are going to have a supervisor who is going to be telling you what to do. Get used to it.

And my personal favorite.....
"If one of those drill instructors yelled at me I would just knock them out." - Hahahaha. You probably shouldn't join. You'll lose your teeth real quick. Just stay home with mommy and daddy and play flight simulator.

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
Pfftt i hate these new hot heads with 129 posts coming onto the forum thinking they know everything and they're Gods gift to the forum community ...
I only have 129 posts because I have a life. I'm barely ever on here. I wouldn't consider myself "new" either, been here since 2008...

C

charliezuluatc

Colleges are like used car sales people. They will tell you whatever you need to hear to get you into their program. Once you graduated and they got their money they don't care.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
If you're under 26 I don't see why you wouldn't join the armed forces to do ATC. You do realize they pay you to go through the school, give you real qualifications, and real on the job experience?

I'm sure you have plenty of reasons why you didn't serve you country, I will list a few I have heard along with my responses.....

"I don't wanna be away from my family" - Stop being a baby, the FAA especially now isn't going to hand you a job in your hometown. Get used to being away from mommy and daddy.

"They won't guarantee me an ATC job" - Neither will the FAA, or your CTI school, or your girlfriends cousins uncle who worked at ZDC back in 97.

"I'm married and have kids to take care of" - So do a lot of people in the military.

"The military is too stressful" - You have just confirmed you will never make it as an air traffic controller.

"College was way more fun" - Your priorities are obviously not in line with those of a real air traffic controller.

"I'm 29 years old. By the time my contract was up I would age out of the FAA" - Sorry you wasted your life, find a new career or join the military and retire. Or work contract towers. Or work DoD. Quite a few options open up once you have real life experience.

"I don't like people telling me what to do all the time" - Welcome to adult world. At any real job you are going to have a supervisor who is going to be telling you what to do. Get used to it.

"If one of those drill instructors yelled at me I would just knock them out." - Hahahaha. You probably shouldn't join. You'll lose your teeth real quick. Just stay home with mommy and daddy and play flight simulator.
LOL!!!!!!!!! They sure do indoctrinate you guys. Supervisor yelling at you all the time IRL, lol, sounds like a personal problem bro

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Colleges are like used car sales people. They will tell you whatever you need to hear to get you into their program. Once you graduated and they got their money they don't care.
And you have a degree and make way more money than people who don't have a degree!! It sure does suck. And I am saying that as a general statement for all fields.

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver

I wish I could tell you the fun I had in college. But then I'm pretty sure I would get banned.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota

Well that post just verified most of my posts regarding intelligence and the military....... I was just trying to troll NE and NHSTADT at first.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
^^^^
FOR ARGUMENT SAKE since you are firing at individuals who do go to college...then i will fire back at you and let you know the stereotype why a military individual goes the military route...maybe they did not get accepted into a college...that was the main reason why people joined the military back in the day ....ontop of this...

I understand "serving your country" concept... if you truly feel that in your heart..then thats how it is supposed to be THATS HONORABLE.....but lets be honest...you signed up for a job, to get paid, to get an incentive...and THE fact that you are serving your country just comes in handy as a slogan...sad but in this time of age thats how it is...please tell me with the distorted society we live in that a 18-25 year old has that in mind...this might not pertain to everyone, for argument sake..

If we had mandatory duty like alot of countries do...then in all honesty, you are serving your country...but since you have options...i highly doubt that was the only reason you went into the military...i can even argue its one of the least reasons in this time and age...this society...hold your horses and stop looking down at everyone who did not go into the military...

deansouthpaw

Mar 31, 2011
Chicago, IL
Not saying you're incorrect whatsoever, but really, from stories I've heard it seems like the government has at times treated our vets in much of the same regard.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
I only have 129 posts because I have a life. I'm barely ever on here. I wouldn't consider myself "new" either, been here since 2008...
You missed the joke...i will forgive your ignorance this time...don't repeat it! ORRR
[video=youtube;mmLRTVYgEq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmLRTVYgEq4[/video]

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
I don't know if all of this is true now.... there is alot of whining about whining.... soooooo...

Example...NHS whined for 5 years lol... :D
No see that's the difference..... I didn't whine for the five years I was applying. I sucked it the f*ck up and kept applying. CTI? WTF is that? oh college kids with no experience are getting hired and I'm not? Whelp.... guess I better keep trying. That was my attitude, not but....but.... I have experience! I'm a veteran damnit! I deserve a job! I'm suing the FAA! this is bulshit lets start a FB group! That's the problem, and that's all I'm saying about this whole argument.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
No see that's the difference..... I didn't whine for the five years I was applying. I sucked it the f*ck up and kept applying. CTI? WTF is that? oh college kids with no experience are getting hired and I'm not? Whelp.... guess I better keep trying. That was my attitude, not but....but.... I have experience! I'm a veteran dammit! I deserve a job! I'm suing the FAA! this is bullshit lets start a FB group! That's the problem, and that's all I'm saying about this whole argument.
Let me fix it for you ....

You know i am just trolling you sunshine :D

RVG86

Mar 19, 2012
LOL!!!!!!!!! They sure do indoctrinate you guys. Supervisor yelling at you all the time IRL, lol, sounds like a personal problem bro
I said nothing about supervisors yelling at you. They will however tell you what to do on occasion. That's how the employee/employer relationship works. Once you get a big kid job you'll figure that out.

I assume you are referencing the "drill instructor" quote. That was meant to be humorous.

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
The kids who walk out with completely useless degrees have only themselves to blame.

What about the schools, high schools,and parents that supported them? Do you honestly think most people know what majors are good choices when they are 17 years old? Hell, I know I didn't!

Reactions: phillyman2633

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com

Lol look everybody Private Pyle decided to join StuckMic.

You missed this excuse - There are much better ways that I could (and did) spend 4 years of my life.

spades

What's happening?
Apr 20, 2009
What about the schools, high schools,and parents that supported them? Do you honestly think most people know what majors are good choices when they are 17 years old? Hell, I know I didn't!
No but that's why your major you initially select is useless anyway since you're not going to actually start going down the point of no return until your junior year. Eventually, you need to learn to accept the consequences of your choices.