CTI-FAA Teleconference Thread

ballakc

Dec 2, 2008
^^^^
FOR ARGUMENT SAKE since you are firing at individuals who do go to college...then i will fire back at you and let you know the stereotype why a military individual goes the military route...maybe they did not get accepted into a college...that was the main reason why people joined the military back in the day ....ontop of this...

I understand "serving your country" concept... if you truly feel that in your heart..then thats how it is supposed to be THATS HONORABLE.....but lets be honest...you signed up for a job, to get paid, to get an incentive...and THE fact that you are serving your country just comes in handy as a slogan...sad but in this time of age thats how it is...please tell me with the distorted society we live in that a 18-25 year old has that in mind...this might not pertain to everyone, for argument sake..

If we had mandatory duty like alot of countries do...then in all honesty, you are serving your country...but since you have options...i highly doubt that was the only reason you went into the military...i can even argue its one of the least reasons in this time and age...this society...hold your horses and stop looking down at everyone who did not go into the military...
Never stood on a high horse talking about serving my country. I mentioned the military in the context of it being an advantage when applying for a civilian ATC job. I referenced military service in a way that makes sense in this forum. Also, you have NO IDEA why I joined whether it was for compensation, or a commitment to duty. I never considered it a slogan, when I told my parents and friends that I was proud of serving my country. Stop blaming society for your shortfalls. Grow up and be man!

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
Never stood on a high horse talking about "serving my country". I mentioned the military in the context of it being an advantage when applying for a civilian ATC job. I referenced military service in a way that makes sense in this forum. ". I never considered it a slogan, when I told my parents and friends that I was proud of serving my country. Stop blaming society for your shortfalls. Grow up and be man!
That was not meant for you...facepalm..it was meant for RVG( again proving your ignorance...stop it man....)..but id like to point something out in your statement which pertains to private Pyle over there, to whom my comment was geared to..."Also, you have NO IDEA why I joined"....that is the point of the initial comment...no military individual or vice verse can generalize someones path...IT WAS strictly for argument purposes

PS. Read each word carefully( you are exempt from that comment if you really feel that way, AND if you really did feel that way than you would not have the need to prove it to me...) if you don't want to put a bad stigma on your intelligence...dont contribute to RVG and proving buffalo's comment right finding a correlation between intelligence and military...In which part of my comment did i blame society for "my shortfalls" ? PS i have very few and usually have to do with alcohol, sex, and bangkok...

Ps^2 i already said my dick is bigger than yours...

"You gotta pay the troll if you want to get to the boys hole" :D

Last edited:
Reactions: GUYONABUFFALO

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
I said nothing about supervisors yelling at you. They will however tell you what to do on occasion. That's how the employee/employer relationship works. Once you get a big kid job you'll figure that out.

I assume you are referencing the "drill instructor" quote. That was meant to be humorous.
I have a big kid job, that is why I LOL'd at everything you wrote.

Reactions: SirMario

jaxington18

Sep 2, 2013
So if lets say i was a high school student and wanted to be an Air traffic controller what are the options now? CTI is pretty much dead so no point in going to CTI and VRA is now gone too so going to the military to become an air traffic controller won't really benefit, other than giving you vet preference. So the way i see this is there is no specific way to become an Air Traffic Controller anymore other than either join the military as pretty much anything because you will still get the VET Points or get a four year degree in something you like therefore making ATC useless.Im confused

RVG86

Mar 19, 2012
Pass this along to your buddy RVG86 would ya....a little humility goes a long way.
I didn't view my post as "standing on a high horse" but I can understand how you would see it that way. I am obviously not accomplishing much here as is the case every time I log onto stuckmic.

Keep on keepin on trolls.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
So if lets say i was a high school student and wanted to be an Air traffic controller what are the options now? CTI is pretty much dead so no point in going to CTI and VRA is now gone too so going to the military to become an air traffic controller won't really benefit, other than giving you vet preference. So the way i see this is there is no specific way to become an Air Traffic Controller anymore other than either join the military as pretty much anything because you will still get the VET Points or get a four year degree in something you like therefore making ATC useless.Im confused
Or you can be on the cutting edge for the return of CTI panels exactly when you graduate. Seriously, who the hell knows.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
What i would say, two choices, college and get a degree in plan B....Military with college Plan B degree....

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
I have a big kid job, that is why I LOL'd at everything you wrote.
Let's just ignore RVG86. I think we have determined that he is either; a better troll than Philly , or, an illogical embarrassment.
Since, nobody is a better troll than Philly, that only leaves us with one conclusion.

jaxington18

Sep 2, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really doubt people are going to want to go to a CTI school with the hope that it hopefully comes back,either it gives you another hiring venue or not.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I really doubt people are going to want to go to a CTI school with the hope that it hopefully comes back,either it gives you another hiring venue or not.
It will just be funny when the class of 40 people in 2 years gets auto hired in a CTI bid.

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
I dont have enough reputation to give out :/

Everyone is trying to get their
[video=youtube;o8T095mFdW8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8T095mFdW8[/video]

Dec 23, 2013
USS Enterprise (NCC-1701)
LOL @ RVG86's list of stupid bullsh*t several pages back. Like I said previously, catch-all phrases and generalizations should be avoided. Phillyhandjob could never serve the military because phillyhandjob's mother had a stroke several years ago and needs someone to help her with every day life...add that to your list.

Serving in the military just doesn't work for everyone, including this variant of philly.

jaxington18

Sep 2, 2013
It will just be funny when the class of 40 people in 2 years gets auto hired in a CTI bid.
I mean i guess it's a possibility considering the FAA is a Bi Polar hoe. Regardless in my position someone who just started CTI last semester and still has a good amount of time it is not beneficial to pay for more CTI classes to risky. Id rather utilize my engineering credits and get a Engineering degree and then maybe try to do military as an officer. To me the military plus the four year degree makes sense not go to CTI and hope it comes back. Although you may have a argument cause i know the CTI schools are not about to quietly and neither are many of the hardcore CTI students.

Reactions: GUYONABUFFALO

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
we sued because were were fired and part of the reason given was that we were an "aging workforce" as the FAA stated. that and the FAA violated the ADEA in hiring. Even though you sit in your tower in Montana or whatever thinking the FAA should just maintain status quo and say F diversity, and its all the minorities fault... judges will feel different. And if you have read anything, the barrier analysis only dealt with barriers against race and gender, NOT age. the age lawsuits did not cause this. Our lawsuit is holding because the FAA broke laws... no laws were broken by not hiring CTI.
Wait til your job gets outsourced lol.
I don't want to go down this road again. But it's not about saying let's just forget about diversity. They've been using an aptitude test (sure, it's flawed), they should pick the people who do the best on it regardless of background. Switching to a strictly biographical questionnaire is ridiculous. And yes, barrier analysis did not mention age at all.

My job getting outsourced is the least of my worries, if it ever happens it'll be years and years away. But say it happens tomorrow, there's other jobs I can do that pay better than my FAA one. And if SERCO was to take over our tower and radar, they'd do it for way cheaper than the FAA can so it even makes sense to me.

Stinger

Epic Member
May 24, 2009
What is the shortest military ATC option?
If you already have a 4 year degree, you could go into the Air Force as an officer. 4 year commitment and you still get facility rated even though you hardly ever work actual traffic.