CTI-FAA Teleconference Thread

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
Far from my first new best friend! So do you like the crust on your PB and J? My mom is making us sandwiches, I said my friend is coming over.

C

charliezuluatc

Yup. I had a nice steak dinner in a politician hang out in dc a few weeks ago. The type of place that you never have a dirty utensil. Our waiter had a 150,000 masters degree in philosophy. Just because you have a degree is something does not ever guarantee you a job in something.

bernelong

Jul 16, 2011
New Windsor, MD
Yup. I had a nice steak dinner in a politician hang out in dc a few weeks ago. The type of place that you never have a dirty utensil. Our waiter had a 150,000 masters degree in philosophy. Just because you have a degree is something does not ever guarantee you a job in something.
Well a degree in philosophy is like a degree in philosophy.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
I could see that conceivably from an ivy league school. possibly.
There are very few, non that I have heard of, Masters programs in just philosophy. Master programs are more focused, such as a Philosophy of Religion or Philosophy of science degree. Most Ivy league schools wont charge $150,000 even for a Doctorate. Plus if the kid went to an IVY league school, he probably has access to enough money to not have to wait on charlieZulu. He would be working at his dads law-firm or car dealership.

show me a guy that said he paid $150,000 for a masters and works in a cafe and I will show you a liar.

nhstadt

Epic Member
Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
There are very few, non that I have heard of, Masters programs in just philosophy. Master programs are more focused, such as a Philosophy of Religion or Philosophy of science degree. Most Ivy league schools wont charge $150,000 even for a Doctorate. Plus if the kid went to an IVY league school, he probably has access to enough money to not have to wait on charlieZulu. He would be working at his dads law-firm or car dealership.
I don't need specifics on the waiters specific area of philosophy, and my buddy's brother is at harvard going all the way through to law school, on a combination of small scholarships and student loans. his parents are teachers, And I know he is WAY in debt, just getting done with first year of law school, so yes, its conceivable. especially the waiter with a masters in philosophy (of any kind)part.

ECHODELTA85

May 5, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

show me a guy that said he paid $150,000 for a masters and works in a cafe and I will show you a liar.
I have to agree with the lying thing but for a different reason. Many of the Ivy schools, if you cannot afford it, they will do what they can to reduce the cost of tuition for you. That's how they are able to keep some of the best and brightest. The rich kids are there because mommy and daddy can afford it. However, the kids with not a lot of money, got there because they worked hard and proved themselves. As far as doctorate programs, a lot pay you to go to school and a masters is included. That's if you do it right.