current atc's-introduce yourselves!

MrWhyte

Rookie
Jul 24, 2009
Outside the Tannhauser Gate
Been lurking around here for a while and finally decided to register.

Been a terminal weenie my whole career. Did 4+ years at ARR (started out in '88), then VOLAPP'd to CGX. They Closed shop (the first time) in '96 and I headed east to IAD. Been here ever since

atcMegIAD

Newcomer
Mar 8, 2009
Maryland
my brother worked in N90....jfk......it was pretty cool to watch...hope the facility got better, however I doubt it, it was in bad condition when I visited, he was there for 5 years, said it was fun. the union rep was cool there victor, that was 5 years ago, dunno if he's still there, but i hear a cool enough guy.....my bro said he was pretty chill. good luck!

Knowlton

Aug 19, 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth
Its all in the signature!! i wouldn;t do anything else in life... pumpin jets and telling pilots what to do is my thing... especially overseas!! there are so many idots that can fly its ridicoulous but yea its all below.. any questions just send me a PM

danielbfoster

Not my real name
Nov 20, 2008
DFW - D10
Hey Knowlton-

Are you over in Afghanistan with a Joe Reilly? He sent me an email about a Stacey Knowlton, I'm assuming it's you. He said you were a real jerk and I should kick you in the shin when I meet you. Just kidding, he said you were a good guy and a sharp controller. Look me up when you get to D10. I'll be outta the academy by the time you get there so I guess we'll meet up in Texas. Tell Joey I said hi.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Its all in the signature!! i wouldn;t do anything else in life... pumpin jets and telling pilots what to do is my thing... especially overseas!! there are so many idots that can fly its ridicoulous but yea its all below.. any questions just send me a PM
I'm thinking your stories about working Afghanistan are in the same league as Indy's about working in Iraq. One of these days I hope to kick back with a few of y'all, hear about how you dealt with the locals.

Knowlton

Aug 19, 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth
Hey Knowlton-

Are you over in Afghanistan with a Joe Reilly? He sent me an email about a Stacey Knowlton, I'm assuming it's you. He said you were a real jerk and I should kick you in the shin when I meet you. Just kidding, he said you were a good guy and a sharp controller. Look me up when you get to D10. I'll be outta the academy by the time you get there so I guess we'll meet up in Texas. Tell Joey I said hi.
Dan, I'm over here with Joe "MoFo" Reilly! Im hoping he didn't say that about me because I am the TSN so consider his ratings mine.... j/k. Thanks and I'll have to tell him thank him the "sharp controller" comment. Yea, Im kinda wishing I took one of those days because this place is getting old. I'll tak my next one though... Thought everyone that got picked up by D10 was CTI or OTS. You the first VRA I have seen on the site. I'll see you in DFW.

I'm thinking your stories about working Afghanistan are in the same league as Indy's about working in Iraq. One of these days I hope to kick back with a few of y'all, hear about how you dealt with the locals.
Oh, I worked in Iraq for 5 months so I know about the crazy indy's and russians wanting to spiral down in IFR weather. Im at work now in GC and I just told a local "if he can't figure out where he needs to taxi, he needs to hold his position and I'll be down to fly his plane since he has no idea what to do" Its madness in ground! Yea, it would be nice to sit back and sip on drinks and talk about stories. I have a whole evening full of stories of just one type of aircraft..

thtsarumr

Newcomer
Aug 21, 2009
Oceanside Ca.
Tower Sups
(Aug 03-Jul 07) MCAF Quantico
(Feb08-Aug08) Al Qa'im Iraq
(Sept 08-Present) MCAS Camp Pendleton

Other Facs
(Aug08) Al Asad GC/TFD
(Aug09) 29 Palms GC/TFD

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
One of these days I hope to kick back with a few of y'all, hear about how you dealt with the locals.
easy...u throw sand in their towels and make them watch "The Siege" on a midshift.

but seriously. those dudes would walk out of position just to go pray. damn if they have 2 planes coming together. prayer was more important. cuz apparently allah (or whoever the freak they believe in) will save the 2 planes that are about to collide.

Last edited:

atcguruaf

Rico Suave
Jan 4, 2009
Right here
easy...u throw sand in their towels and make them watch "The Siege" on a midshift.

but seriously. those dudes would walk out of position just to go pray. damn if they have 2 planes coming together. prayer was more important. cuz apparently allah (or whoever the freak they believe in) will save the 2 planes that are about to collide.
Well, don't forget also, that there is love out there too. Holding hands was indicative that you were going to score! I don't remember his name, but he was gentle. haha.

Last edited by a moderator: