Current & former air traffic controllers! - Grad survey

atcflygirl33

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2012
I'm a grad student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU) and a former ATC’er . As part of my capstone research project and graduation requirements I am conducting a survey to determine if there is any correlations to controller placement and operational errors. Each of you holds the information I need to complete this project (note – all responses are anonymous).

Please copy/click on the survey address/link below to complete the survey which should take you 5-15 minutes depending on your responses. Upon completing the survey – please post your social media sites so that your ATC friends and colleagues may also contribute to my data.

Click here to go to the survey.

If you have problems accessing the survey using the link above. Please copy and paste the URL address below for the survey into your browser.

Survey address: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7Y6935C

Thank you for participating!

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA
re: Current & former air traffic controllers! - Grad survey

Done, but your survey asks so many questions that only apply to people who have moved facilities that I had to leave a lot blank

daveozzie999

Aug 15, 2009
MRY

Operational Errors no longer exist as of next week.

atcflygirl33

Newcomer
Jan 29, 2012

daveozzie999 - you'll need to expand on this thought - not sure I've heard that re: OEs

Ice_cold656 - had to leave years ago after a family death - couldn't hardship back home - been trying to get back for a long time now - if I can't do ATC I wanted to have other options tied to aviation - hence my return to ERAU. Corporate world is not where I want to be anymore.

Thanks to everyone that takes the time to respond to my survey! It's much appreciated.

UNDgrad06

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Peachtree City, GA

There will always be OE/OD. You just can't be disciplined for them any more and they don't go on your record.

SoCal_ATCer

Jan 6, 2009
So Cal

Technically they do not exist. Look through the new orders and see if you find any reference to OE or OD. They do not exist. They are covered now as (suspected) airborne loss of separation and are reported on mandatory occurence reports or electronic occurence reports depending on if you have TARP or the snitch at your facility.

Last edited:

klkm

Jun 26, 2008

Is that what the CBI I clicked through yesterday was trying to say?